• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1969 Sunbeam Alpine GT ON EBAY

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very interesting. Odd that someone would have restored it and then not had enough interest in it to fix the damage visible.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Perhaps after doing all the work to restore it, and then having it get totally ruined in a storm, the owner may now be pretty dang discouraged. I could certainly see that.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Perhaps after doing all the work to restore it, and then having it get totally ruined in a storm, the owner may now be pretty dang discouraged. I could certainly see that.

Kevin:
The car had a tree fall on it in a storm that blew through TN a while ago. Beautiful job on the interior and the drive train. I believe the insurance company totaled the car and the current seller (a dealer) bought it with a salvage title. Extensive body work / paint will be needed to make this car whole again. The rear window and the rear window trim are all gone. Just trying to find those parts could drive the new owner mad!
Rick

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

Yes it will. He has some of the stainless trim too but not all of it. He's asking $300 for the trim he has so for the glass + trim + shipping it's $800 and you still don't have all the trim. I showed my body man the pictures of car and he said body work and paint would be at least $10,000. Add in the price of the car (who knows what the reserve is?) + shipping + body work & paint + parts and you are closing in on $20,000. Better to buy the one that's listed already done. That seller says his reserve is in the high teens.
Rick