• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Tiger GT2 Race Car value comps

Jfslenes

Donation Time
I find very few Tiger race car sales, hence it's a challenge figuring out the value/price. Anyone with a link to such data would be very much appreciated. Stripped, lightened, caged, lowered, stiffened, built motor.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Have you got photos...

Race cars with period history have the highest values.

Race cars that get invited to significant events also command a premium.

Front running cars are worth more to people in that series.. How popular is the series.. How many events/ classes is the car eligible for

Jfslenes

Donation Time
Thanks Michael. Car is currently NOT being used at it's best - it's been a storage rack for years. Will have more photos when I get it cleaned and cleared.
Race history is mid 70's to early 80's. SCCA CP now GT2. Don't know vintage classing status for varied groups.
No invitations and hasn't been raced since early 1980's. Now a garage queen.
Does run but freshening might be a good idea.

Attachments

• Sunbeam Tiger.jpg
    Sunbeam Tiger.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 24

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Well they sure were soft when this one sold. I think the buyer got the deal of the century on this one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-sunbeam-tiger-race-car/

Of course normally, it seems to me that the rank and file race cars go for much less than a well restored or original road car. Sometimes it makes sense for a ratted out car that has go fast parts on it. Other times, it doesn't seem to make sense, especially for ones that are fully prepped, ready to race.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well they sure were soft when this one sold. I think the buyer got the deal of the century on this one:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-sunbeam-tiger-race-car/
The Monster Tiger was interesting on a few levels..
  1. Firstly an amazing history amd significant car.
  2. Secondly the modifications it ran with in period ( alloy panels, larger and all corner disc brakes, larger and wider wheels and tyres etc) make it uniquely competitive when its allowed to run in the equivalent of scca BP class.
  3. It has a stunning restoration and preoperation.
  4. The sale price of 160k vs the original 3/4 ... This came down to provenance... Was it the actaul Fraser car.. Or another shell that had a few original Fraser parts in it and a bunch or replicated parts.... This is what caused it to sell for the price it did.
Interstingly another Tiger racer .. Again exceptionally prepared and with claims to history and has been run at gold ticket events by the same owner also produced a disappointing outcome:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-sunbeam-tiger-15/

1615415888a7e227709c23200d55_Best-scaled.jpg

@Jfslenes this might help you on price guide