• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Series V for sale $2499

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I’ve decided it’s time to sell my late ’67 Series V driver and get back to working on my original Alpine. Bought in 2014 I’ve worked on this car a bit, sorting some issues, and using as a fun driver. It is solid as rust goes but has some significant accident and abuse damage. However, the mechanicals are good shape. When I bought it the previous owner had the engine rebuilt (matching numbers) with many go fast parts. Including hi compression pistons, dual Dell'Orto carbs, a custom header, water cooled oil cooler, and 14” Panasport wheels. It has the later square spark plug holes. No brake booster and original brake master replaced with Wilwood 0.7” master. It runs well and after sorting a few niggling things has been a good enjoyable runner. The oil pressure is great, and the temperature stays good, no overheating issues. The top is in decent shape and has proven pretty good water protection wise, although not perfect. The window weather stripping fell out but can be reinstalled, with that it stays pretty dry when driving in the rain. Horn did (does) work but the horn ring has broken off of course. The top does have a few weird red stains that I can’t cleanup, not sure what it’s from. The tonneau cover is pretty sad.

There has been some obvious accident damage, notably the left driver side wing was splice and not done well. The angle is off and the left tire rubs during sharp left turns. The driver door is from an earlier series model (round corner). And the driver’s side front bumper bracket is welded on. Also, when the hot rod hood pins were installed, it looks like someone in its past cut the engine self to gain access for the nuts. It does have some pretty funky door panels and console cover, the carpet was a think black shag, I removed for pictures. Looks it like rolled right out of the 60’s early 70’s which I thought was actually interesting but will depend on your taste. The driver’s seat frame was broken but I have had that welded and installed a new rubber seat diaphragm and seat cushion; but I reinstalled the old cover. The seats are in good shape but could use new leather or some cover repair if desired.

In all it is a good, fun driver that runs strong. It would take much body work to be a show car, but it is a really good deal for a fun runabout to tinker on and enjoy driving.

Comes with an uninstalled AutoPower roll bar if desired, not sure how much protection it would provide or if it’s more for show.

Currently white, original color is Carnival Red #39.

Many pictures, a cold start video and warm start video in my Google photos album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yb3KxhKUSGzZMuT78

Asking $2499 (well below the go-fast parts cost alone). Will not part out.

Located in Chicago northwest suburbs.

Email, message, or comment if interested I will PM you my phone # and answer any question.

xfey6TmuLLGHgm6E8
gE2v1YiPpi8PEYfw9

Attachments

• PXL_20220925_211758688.jpg
    PXL_20220925_211758688.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 136
  • PXL_20220925_211550932.jpg
    PXL_20220925_211550932.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 130

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Super price. Heck, the carbs and intake are almost worth that. This sale won't last long....

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Now I see it. What I thought was some sort of clear vacuum tube between the carbs contains a cable. It shows up on the video.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Todd, When you sell your toy to the buyer, let them know I have a nice new replacement battery box available....Thanks,

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
The linkage is a bit rigged up, maybe I'll add a picture near the pedal. It is a cable cobbled to the end of the existing pedal lever and runs in that white tube. But it has been reliable and have not had trouble with it in the many years I've owned the car. I did cleanup the carb-to carb linkage as that was a mess, had to get the front side tab lengthened properly with a welded on piece instead of the rigged up deal that was there. but it's all good now.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
A member here (who everyone would know of, and most personally know, who once occupied the position Todd once held) once said (approximately) "a Sunbeam is a collection of parts." This "offering" is the nicest collection of parts available, anywhere.

My (eventual) "goal" is to pass on what I have (Sunbeam wise) to someone who appreciates this incredible, timeless, enjoyable "machine." Money means nothing, and, when it comes to Sunbeams, I don't have any "relatives" in the ballpark of Sunbeam "appreciation."

BCuster

Gold Level Sponsor
Todd, When you sell your toy to the buyer, let them know I have a nice new replacement battery box available....Thanks,
Dan, I could use the battery box. Let me know what you want for it and we will get together.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Car arrived yesterday. Well presented Todd. I took it for a buzz around the neighborhood. Very good torque past 4000 rpms. The motor ran very strong supporting the photos that showed high compression readings. I will do a boro-scope and see how the internals look. The front end has been rebuilt as well. Including Spax shocks front and rear. Transmission shifted smoothly. This may be the engine I use in the '60s Roy Stetina Alpine race car.

upload_2022-10-31_18-51-39.png