• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 ALPINE series V Orchid Green with Black interior

Sownman

Donation Time
Trunk lid doesn't fit worth a damn, unless it was unlatched ?
Isn't the trunk interior supposed to be color matched rather than black ?

In general though I agree, nice looking car. Wish it was close enough to me to go see.

Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
Trunk lid doesn't fit worth a damn, unless it was unlatched ?
Isn't the trunk interior supposed to be color matched rather than black ?

In general though I agree, nice looking car. Wish it was close enough to me to go see.

Steve

The gap across the bottom of it looked really even. and the sides were not that far up.. so i think its probably just a minor adjustment.. i doubt you would be picking fault with that it the rest of it was not as good. there are a few things that are not "factory" on it.. and a couple of things missing.. but looks to be one of the nicer alpines i have seen on ebay USA

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ah ha! Check out the ID tag...

164d_12.JPG

It's got the wrong rivets. I'll bet this is some cheap Tiger that's been CONVERTED to an Apline, in the cynical attempt to make a fast buck... and all you get is a lousy "Tipine".

Some people... boy... I'll tell ya, there's just no accounting for how greedy some folks can get.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
My '67 5 speed that many of you know as Ol' Blue was originally this color.:eek:

Seeing good photos of this car reinforces my decision some 15 years ago to repaint Ol' Blue in its present color - Midnight Blue.

66Tiger

Donation Time
I like the color...very 60s.

Reminds me of my Citreon Gold (sometimes called Spice Gold) 1966 Plymouth.

A green gold that could look pale green, silver or gold depending on the time of day and light.

Paul

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I was going to say that, but I thought the sky would fall if I did.:D This car could be done for so little, that it scares me. Depending on what it sells for, it would be the cheapest way to go to get a NICE V6 Alpine.

Jose :D

Other than the wires it would be a great car for a V6 conversion!!!

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
You modifiers have no power here.........BEGONE! When the purists gaze upon the holy Orchid Green, we are ammuned to your mind tricks... So there!

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Nice color, its hard to find one that has the org. color, but what would make it would be a tan interior and not the black:eek:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
They RUINED this car with a wood dash! The black is so much more British and looks classy on a stock car.

Bad, Bad, Bad. It's not even done well.

Paul

However..........LOVE that color!!

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah I thought the wood dash was a bit odd.

Note the reserve is meet.... bid is at $8600... lets see sell the engine, trans, wires and hubs....if you could bear to part with the hard top might make enough to pay for the conversion.....

Jan you don't know the power of the Dark Side

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

I wouldn't like to get rid of the top, but a black canvass top would reduce the amount of color, and would make it quite presentable. I think I'd have to paint the top black, so whenever rainy weather arrived, I'd have a cozy cabin to drive in.

Hi Jan,

The dark side has totally consumed me. I no longer have the will to resist, so I just decided to enjoy it.:D As a totally dedicated Dark Sider, I must be a missionary to liberate all those that I can!:eek:

Jose :D

Yeah I thought the wood dash was a bit odd.

Note the reserve is meet.... bid is at $8600... lets see sell the engine, trans, wires and hubs....if you could bear to part with the hard top might make enough to pay for the conversion.....

Jan you don't know the power of the Dark Side

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
A flurry of activity in the last minute of bidding. Sold for $12,100. Now, that's an upward price that offers hope for us who own nice Alpines!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just imagine how much more it would have sold for if it was Red or Black? I bet the colour cost it about 2-4K

alpine_64

Donation Time
As i said in a very early post on this car.. as few things are incorrect (as per factory) like the S3/IV speedio and fuel gauge.. SI/II clock.. and then there are they orchid green pedals.. but the one that made me smile.. was it has a non-stock choke knob.. but the under dash air vent handles have the correct choke knobs on them! :D