• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Alpine Modified for sale

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, what a fabulous car and story. I've followed the story from afar for years.

May I suggest that you include this link on the e-bay listing to show potential buyers a lot of the story in one compact form:

http://www.britishv8.org/Other/BillAshby.htm

I see you refer to the article, but a link is better.

Tom Hayden

bashby

Donation Time
Tom, Thanks
I attempted to do so but, alas eBay would not permit it. I was able to many years ago but they do not permit non-clickable links and do not show how to post a clickable one.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Love that Blu!

Absolutely stunning creation:D Added to my "Best of the times" collection.

Best of Wishes to you and the future Buyer!

DanR

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow. Best modified Sunbeam I've ever seen. Never followed "Nissan in Alpine." British v8 site write-up is amazing, and entertaining also. E-bay seems like a little bit of "cheap" place to sell this particular car. Hemmings or Barrett Jackson would seem more appropriate. I dislike that Alpines seem to be rising in price, however this car seems to be underpriced. Just amazing.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow. Best modified Sunbeam I've ever seen. Never followed "Nissan in Alpine." British v8 site write-up is amazing, and entertaining also. E-bay seems like a little bit of "cheap" place to sell this particular car. Hemmings or Barrett Jackson would seem more appropriate. I dislike that Alpines seem to be rising in price, however this car seems to be underpriced. Just amazing.

You make an excellent point. The famed Alpine with the Volkswagen VR6 engine in it was selling for like $14,000 on Craigslist. Then within a year, it was at Mecum (I believe) with a reserve price in the $20s. Then within a year after that, it was a Mecum no-sale at like $37k.

This car looks more well-thought-out, more complete and more gorgeous.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Umm, probably second best. But still great.

The best is probably a car few of the current membership is aware of. The 'Beam was cut lengthwise, widened 6" and welded back together. The hood was sliced and diced to make it longer with a slightly different curvature. The engine was an intercooled turbo Zetec and everything was modified or custom made. The guy blew up the Zetec (26 psi on stock internals will do that) and lost interest. It was offered for sale for about 30k. He claimed the paint job was worth more than that. To the best of any ones knowledge, it never sold. At least not here. It you ever see an incredible, barely recognizable lime green Alpine, let us know.

Bill

bashby

Donation Time
Thank you :)
John Wheelers' Sunbeam that Bill references was incredible. The workmanship and attention to detail was a sight to behold.
Yes, it is under-priced especially when I know how much I actually did put into it...
It may do out to Mecum or Barrett-Jackson if I think about it too much

Last edited:

jpeifer53

Donation Time
Were in the same neighborhood

Bill,
Have been reading all of the articles and great pictures that I could find on your
great car. I knew that you were originally out of Colorado but are now living here in Albuquerque. I live in Abq. also. Wondering if there is anyway to meet? I would love to see your car, you have done some amazing work.
I currently have a 65 Series V with a 2.3l Ford, C3 and 8.8 Posi built by a friend who also lives here.

Thanks,
Jack
2014_07_21_16_32_39.jpg

bashby

Donation Time
It has been a 9-year journey yet, I have sold my first and my only to a man in the San Francisco area who hopefully will enjoy her a great deal (as he got one).
Regards my fellow car nuts, LBC's live on.