• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Sunbeam Alpine for sale

Firemaverick231

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi everyone! New member here. I wanted to post here first to see if anyone would like to buy my 1965 Sunbeam Alpine. My father had purchased it back in 2017 from a seller in Texas, and had planned on using it as a frame to build a custom vehicle on, however he had only started to disassemble it before he became ill and passed earlier this year. See pictures for condition. Does have significant rust in the floor pans, worst in the drivers side. Engine looks complete for the most part. Carburetor is freshly rebuilt. I did put a fresh battery in it and attempted to turn it over, however the starter will turn but did not engage. I removed the spark plugs and borescoped the pistons and did not see any significant scoring or rust. Speedometer shows 90052 (km? mi?) Comes with all parts shown. Convertible top is in poor condition, but could be used to make a template. I'm not looking to make a profit, just trying to get back what my dad bought it for to put toward other projects. Asking $3,000 or best offer. Local pickup, or buyer arranges transport. Located just south of Birmingham, Alabama. Feel free to message with any questions, or if any other photos are needed. Thanks!20220514_083840.jpg 20220514_083852.jpg 20220514_083858.jpg 20220514_083904.jpg 20220514_083913.jpg 20220514_083920.jpg 20220514_083930.jpg 20220514_083933.jpg 20220514_083939.jpg 20220514_083944.jpg

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Curious battery box. Was the original box an early rust victim? Interesting that the floor pans appear to be toast but the panels and rockers look (from a distance) to be bubble-free. Pending a hard look-see underneath at the cruciform, etc, someone with a rotisserie and a torch might be able to save it.

Firemaverick231

Bronze Level Sponsor
Curious battery box. Was the original box an early rust victim? Interesting that the floor pans appear to be toast but the panels and rockers look (from a distance) to be bubble-free. Pending a hard look-see underneath at the cruciform, etc, someone with a rotisserie and a torch might be able to save it.

It is possible, but I think in the picture of the interior looking toward the passenger door, there is a panel on the left sitting next to the battery compartment door that looks like it may go on the underneath of the battery box. That's only a guess though!

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I think this has been outside unprotected and rusted from the top down so the structural areas cruciform, rockers may be ok. The only way to know is to go underneath and take a close look. This does need all new floor pans which is not cheap.

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
It is possible, but I think in the picture of the interior looking toward the passenger door, there is a panel on the left sitting next to the battery compartment door that looks like it may go on the underneath of the battery box. That's only a guess though!
That would be the passenger's feet false floor.