• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Sunbeam Alpine for Sale $12,500

Tom Dinchuk

Gold Level Sponsor
1715527526561.jpegThe 1965 Sunbeam Alpine shown here has been completely redone. Over $18,000 in restoration work alone. It has a recently (150 miles) rebuilt engine and drive train. It also has a 21st century wiring set-up( kit with new wiring and fuses). The brakes and tires have been refreshed along with a new soft top. In addition, it has a new stainless steel exhaust system and new interior ( seats, carpets,etc) The car also has a serviceable hardtop. The only thing not restored is the paint; Which is still presentable for a daily driver. All it needs is someone to enjoy it. Please call Tom with any questions (845) 895-3407.

Looks like a beautiful buy for someone....very attention getting in the yellow colour.

Looks like a beautiful buy for someone....very attention getting in the yellow colour.
Thanks Dan,
This car was originally my friend Steve Shuttleton's car . Both he and I have owned it for many years. He did an excellent restoration on it this past year. I'm only selling it because we have another convertible; I just don't have the room or money for two cars . Luckily, I still have the room for my 1970 Norton Commando. Cheers, Tom

View attachment 31805The 1965 Sunbeam Alpine shown here has been completely redone. Over $18,000 in restoration work alone. It has a recently (150 miles) rebuilt engine and drive train. It also has a 21st century wiring set-up( kit with new wiring and fuses). The brakes and tires have been refreshed along with a new soft top. In addition, it has a new stainless steel exhaust system and new interior ( seats, carpets,etc) The car also has a serviceable hardtop. The only thing not restored is the paint; Which is still presentable for a daily driver. All it needs is someone to enjoy it. Please call Tom with any questions (845) 895-3407.
a few more photos please, and where is the car located?

Tom, if you wish send them to me and I can up load them here for you. More people will have ready access to your beautiful Sunbeam Alpine....

Tom, if you wish send them to me and I can up load them here for you. More people will have ready access to your beautiful Sunbeam Alpine..
Tom, if you wish send them to me and I can up load them here for you. More people will have ready access to your beautiful Sunbeam Alpine....
Dan Thanks, however my computer is a little wonky and i wasn't able to send them . I'm having a tech come over in the next week or two to resolve some issues with it. I probably would be able to send the additional images if you sent me an email first at gldeagle@frontiernet.net; then I think I could send them on the return email. Tom

Hi Dan, Did you ever get the chance to load those extra Sunbeam shots I sent you? Just wondering. Thanks ,Tom

It is a good looking car.

Was the original 1600 engine rebuilt?
All-sync gearbox?
Is that an alternator in the one photo (with a beefy adjustment bracket)?
Has it been converted to negative ground?
How about the underside - any rust?

Thanks,
Mike

Tom, very smart looking Alpine and has some nice extras, the hardtop, factory radio console.

In the photos it's a little cars to see but is there some bubbling under the paint at the sill joint at the leading edge of the right door? You say the paint may need some attention?

The paint job is over 25-30 years old and pretty solid and fine for a everyday driver; there's an odd small crack or bubble but nothing serious.
To be clear, this car has been owned by myself and a close friend ( combined time) for over 42 years. There's been iterations over the years,
including a V6 conversion; which I didn't feel worked with the car. It currently has been restored to a traditional Series four format with modern updates. it rides and drives beautifully. Initial purchase price was $7500; add in $18,000 for work done at the same friend's restoration shop;. He's an incredible craftsman and does top notch work. I have all receipts and would be willing to have any professional wrench give the car a once over . If i was keeping the car ,I would consider painting it down the line; But, I would probably wait a while and just enjoy driving it.

It is a good looking car.

Was the original 1600 engine rebuilt?
All-sync gearbox?
Is that an alternator in the one photo (with a beefy adjustment bracket)?
Has it been converted to negative ground?
How about the underside - any rust?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks!
The engine was completely rebuilt professionally. The gear box is stock; Yes, that is an alternator with a beefy bracket.
Positive ground, The underside of the car was redone and restored ;including a stainless steel exhaust system.The interior was completely
redone. Basically, except for paint, it's a completely restored car. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions .
Cheers,
Tom

Steve,
You are the Rebel Harness Guy; and a damn good restoration guy too!
I must have been thinking of my Norton. I stand corrected.
Cheers,
Tom

Back