1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

**1963 SUNBEAM - ALPINE ORIGINAL FAMILY OWNED ** CLEAN - $7,350

Discussion in 'Ebay / Craigslist / Other Discoveries' started by belmateo, Aug 6, 2022.

1. belmateo

belmateo Gold Level Sponsor

2. John W

John W Diamond Level Sponsor

What a beauty! Looks like it might even be original paint and floor mats. Just beautiful.

3. John W

John W Diamond Level Sponsor

"Deleted." ... Gone! ...This car was almost 60 years with nearly total resistance to modification. Quite rare for an Alpine. What a beauty! Congratulations to whoever purchased this.

4. belmateo

Rare indeed, congratulations to the new gaurdian and hope it gets past on to the next caretaker.

5. daiseng

daiseng Gold Level Sponsor

Thank you. New owner and club member. The car has been sitting for maybe 20 years and apart from the newer top it's really unmodified. Plans are to keep it that way. I'm a novice at this so hopefully info and advice from the club will keep me out of trouble. Not really sure where to start. Want to rebuild brake and clutch cylinders first and go from there. Looking forward to sharing my project with you all, Felix

John W, Series6 and ernestovumbles like this.
  6. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

Welcome and thanks for supporting our club. You have an incredible Alpine! Please keep us posted and we love photos-how about a nice one for next year's club calendar-as found?

Series6 likes this.
  7. belmateo

Felix,
    You sly dog you! Glad somebody local snatched up this rare complete unmolested car! Welcome to the club.
    Happy Motoring
    belmateo

daiseng likes this.
  8. nsbluenose

nsbluenose Gold Level Sponsor

Also inspect/rebuild/replace clutch slave cylinder and wheel cylinders. I would completely drain clutch and brake lines of old fluid, also change engine oil and antifreeze, drain gas tanks put in new gas, replace gas filter.

daiseng likes this.
  9. Mike Armstrong

Mike Armstrong Bronze Level Sponsor

First off, congrats! The add was deleted before I could see any photos but if it’s as original as it sounds, which is such a rarity, I would recommend you first STOP!, for just a short while and think about any modifying to the originality of the car you might be contemplating. Cars are only original once, any modification to originality forever changes that rarity. I would suggest only doing necessary repairs to make it a safe driver (ie brakes, lights, fuel leaks ect). In the last few years the appreciation of unmolested originality has really come to light and those rare as is examples are often the highlight at any car show. So much so that original cars are being presented ‘as found’ and barely cleaned up, kinda gives others that same feeling of discovering a ‘barn find’ (I watched an episode of ‘Chasing Classic Cars’ where a very expensive car was brought to a high end auction ‘as found and unmolested’ cob webs and all and still was a show stopper).

Anyhoo, that’s the way I like’em :)

daiseng likes this.
  10. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

After flushing all the fluids I would also suggest adding a gano filter to the top radiator hose for at least a thousand miles.. The alloy heads in these cars get a lot of corrosion in them if a good quality antifreeze hasnt been used... Check the gano filter regularly for contamination.

The steam hole gets badly corroded and the water crescents around the combustion chamber really rot badly... Tbey will open up beyond the head gasket and blow it ...very comon.

So if you plan on running the car without a tear down...full cooling system flush.. Add a filter and check rigorously

daiseng likes this.