• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1960 Alpine in NC

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
SeriesI

I am about 25 miles from this car and can check out for anyone interested.
Rootes, is your statement based on the comment about the pass. side door seal area or do you have some other info on the car? I think I may have looked at this car at one time but it was more than 20 years ago and I don't remember anything about it.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Seller claims:
Small amount of surface rust main area would be passenger side seal repair. No rust on frame or floor pans.Overall good condition.

There is much more than surface rust on this car. The whole rhs sill is shot with the rear looking heavily bogged from previous repairs. Hard to imagine that much rust being localised.

I'd want decent photos of the lhs of the car and the underside before even bothering looking at it. The car has obviously had at minimum some casual bumps front and rear and been messed with.. look at the rear bumper mounts.....

Very optimistic pricing and description.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I am about 25 miles from this car and can check out for anyone interested.
Rootes, is your statement based on the comment about the pass. side door seal area or do you have some other info on the car? I think I may have looked at this car at one time but it was more than 20 years ago and I don't remember anything about it.

The photos show the lower sills breaking through with rust.
There is one shot where the paint looks like dented in, and in a manner it is but it has no sheetmetal backing it.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Series I

On 2nd look I do see the left rear corner is caved. I expect to see some rust on the lower rail rockers panel, sometimes it is surface .
The pricing is way off given it's overall condition, for sure.
If I can get to it next week I will take a look . Could be a good parts car if nothing else.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
On 2nd look I do see the left rear corner is caved. I expect to see some rust on the lower rail rockers panel, sometimes it is surface .
The pricing is way off given it's overall condition, for sure.
If I can get to it next week I will take a look . Could be a good parts car if nothing else.

Bring a magnet ;)
The owner probably wouldnt much care for you pushing on the rusty sill and it collapsing in your hands.