• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1959 Rapier freeze plugs

Chrisp Rapier

Donation Time
Does anybody know where one might find a set of freeze plugs (core plugs) for a 1959 Rapier? I am hoping for a North American source.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anybody know where one might find a set of freeze plugs (core plugs) for a 1959 Rapier? I am hoping for a North American source.

C R,

Is your Rapier a series II with the original iron head 1500 engine?

The earlier blocks were a bit different from the later blocks (second possible fuel pump location). There was a slight block redesign about the time the Alpine started production (1959). I don't think the freeze plugs changed, but one or two MIGHT be a bit different size and I don't have a way to check. If your block is post redesign, then you shouldn't have an issue.

That being said, Sunbeam Specialties has a freeze plug set listed in their catalog on page four.

upload_2022-8-5_0-1-51.png

Hope this helps,

Chrisp Rapier

Donation Time
C R,

Is your Rapier a series II with the original iron head 1500 engine?

The earlier blocks were a bit different from the later blocks (second possible fuel pump location). There was a slight block redesign about the time the Alpine started production (1959). I don't think the freeze plugs changed, but one or two MIGHT be a bit different size and I don't have a way to check. If your block is post redesign, then you shouldn't have an issue.

That being said, Sunbeam Specialties has a freeze plug set listed in their catalog on page four.

View attachment 26721

Hope this helps,

Yes, it is the 1494 cm3 engine. Not sure about the head. It is the original iron head I guess. Thank you. I found the catalog online based on what you said.