• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1725 oil pan needed

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, looks like I need an oil pan for this new engine rebuild. The baffle on this one is all broken and cracked, plus a really ugly welded in drain plug.
1967 Series V.
Let me know what you have.

Thanks, Jim.

65beam

Donation Time
Yep, just a plain Jane oil pan. By the way, what would a GT oil pan be? Just curious.
It's an aluminum pan with fins that was used on the 1725 engine in the fastback Alpine GT starting after the series Alpine was dropped. This pan has several differences than the stamped steel pan and was used on the GT version only. The fastbacks did not have an oil cooler like the series 5 and this pan was used to help cool the engine oil. The base Alpine had a cast iron head and used a stamped steel pan.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep, just a plain Jane oil pan. By the way, what would a GT oil pan be? Just curious.
Jim, also the GT engine was tilted so if used on a reg Alpine, it works but the sump area is tilted (15 degrees) Like all old aluminum cast parts, oil can seep thru so the inside needs to be sealed

BD

65beam

Donation Time
Jim, also the GT engine was tilted so if used on a reg Alpine, it works but the sump area is tilted (15 degrees) Like all old aluminum cast parts, oil can seep thru so the inside needs to be sealed

BD
If oil were to seep thru it wouldn't be something you would even notice. There would be more leakage from the timing cover and the rear main. I base this on owning several different100_0254.JPG GT's over the last 40 years.