• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1600 isky in 1725

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
I have a spare 1725, and was told it had an isky cam for a 1600. When I heard the engine run it didn't sound much different than stock, so it must be very mild. I realize the oil pump gears are different and they can be swapped to make it work. Can anyone tell me if this has been done before and if there's any benefits doing this rather than using a cam specifically ground for a 1725?

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
2 reasons I can think of:

1) The cam has the grind wanted.

2) To use a Mechanical Tach Distributor.

DW

alpine_64

Donation Time
Is say they did it to use that cam.
The 1725 being bigger capacity will likely not wake as much as 1592 with a 1592 cam... But the capacity difference isnt massive so not sure it would be to noticeable... Wonder which isky cam.. Was it the sb2 that was the big grind? Anyone?