• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1600 crankshaft

old grumpy

Donation Time
I am building an 1600 engine from "quite good parts". I have two crankshafts. One is an EN9 that are inside the tolerances on big-ends and main bearings, the other is an EN19T (from an Rapier I think) but tolerances are on the limit or even 1-2 thousands of a millimetre outside. As I am not going to regrind anything for this engine. I think I go for the EN9. (I think it came from this engine in the first place). Opinions that this is unwise?

alpine_64

Donation Time
I am building an 1600 engine from "quite good parts". I have two crankshafts. One is an EN9 that are inside the tolerances on big-ends and main bearings, the other is an EN19T (from an Rapier I think) but tolerances are on the limit or even 1-2 thousands of a millimetre outside. As I am not going to regrind anything for this engine. I think I go for the EN9. (I think it came from this engine in the first place). Opinions that this is unwise?

I can't remember which part number the series ii crank was.. but the sii alpine got the forged crank after the concerns they had on the series i. By s3 they went back to cast as they realised it was over engineered... So if you have a forged sii alpine crank.. id use it

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Pretty sure both those markings are material specs as opposed to a part number.

Good news if thats the case, the crank is at least steel.
Early iron head cranks were iron.