• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

14185 Alternator

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Purchased a 14185 alternator remanufactured by Remy. Will be installing onto my SV 1725.
Anyone with attachment info or pictures will be helpful. Also wiring to the alternator details.
Line up to the fan and engine pully modifications.
Thanks Bob

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just did one about six weeks ago , not Remy but another copy of the Hitachi 14185 . There is a terrific step
by step , wiring “ how to do it “ on this forum , ( search 14185 alternator ) . If your wiring harness is still OEM
& you can define the color coded wires it goes very well , step by step …..in the event a future custodian wanted
to go back to an OEM alternator , I did not cut the wires & used disconnects w/ a jumper in between …..only the
one change from OEM was one ring terminal needed to be changed to a female disconnect …..one wire is disconnected
@ both ends ….I taped the ends & left it in place in the harness …..Was a great posting & it saved a lot of time & effort !!!
@ the end I did install a voltmeter ( car did not have an amp meter ) that was a non-PIA as well ….3 wires , hot , ground & the
light wire plugged into the amp meter pig tail coming from the tach ….. mine was a “ bolt in “ pulley & bracket lined up
w/o an issue …..wiring , only thing that took a bit of time .

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Jack. Printed off the info on 14231 which appears the same set up as the 14185 alternator.
I had to adjust the mounting bracket to have pullies line up and will have to fab up an adjustment bracket.
I'll go over the documented instructions from T Hayden and Hopsedge.