• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

‘64 Looking for local advice - Orange County, CA

ethernectar

Donation Time
We have a ‘64 Alpine 2 in storage. It was my wife’s dads and has been garaged/inop for 10+ years. I understand it turned over when it was parked.

Hoping there’s someone in the OC/Irvine area who has some time to tell us more about it with a look.

Has had paint and minor bodywork done some years ago.

alpine_64

Donation Time
We have a ‘64 Alpine 2 in storage. It was my wife’s dads and has been garaged/inop for 10+ years. I understand it turned over when it was parked.

A lot of stateside alpines got titled when tbey got sold... sii alpiens finished in very early 63. Have you got a photo of it.. Particularly windscreen area will help id the car

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Looks like a series III to me with a later Dyna-plastic hardtop .... Photo's of the trunk space will do it!

..... David

... I'm in the Glendale/Burbank area ...

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
.... and the windshield looks wrong for a SII ... That Dyna hardtop only fits the later series as I have one. The trunk space will tell it. If you have time, some good photos of the mounting hardware for that hard top would be appreciated!

.... David

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'd like to check it out I'm in the South Bay. I just got a Sunbeam up and running after sleeping since 1977 . It's a good feeling like Gene Wilder playing Dr Frank n Stein ...

alpine_64

Donation Time
The car is defiantly a series 3, which aligns better to a 64 title.

Screen, 1/4 windows, bonnet badge, dash, side windows, the trim on soft top covers etc...

Looks to be a nice car.

Do you know if there is a box of parts.. After the repaint they didn't fit the front lettering, side scripts or the S3 sheilds but i see all the mounting holes there... So look around the storage area or on boxes for them

ethernectar

Donation Time
We may be able to hang out for an hour or two on Sunday early afternoon at the storage facility near The Marketplace and be available for a look-see and to take some better pictures. Will firm up details later this week.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Ethernectar,

Series 3 ST, no question about it.

Do me a favor - next time you are looking at the car, check to see if the surface of the dashboard is crinkle painted or has a fine fuzzy flocking on it. Mine is flocked (believed original) and others say theirs was crinkle painted.

Thanks.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ethernectar,

Series 3 ST, no question about it.

Do me a favor - next time you are looking at the car, check to see if the surface of the dashboard is crinkle painted or has a fine fuzzy flocking on it. Mine is flocked (believed original) and others say theirs was crinkle painted.

Thanks.

Mike
Mike,

I would say S3 sports touer....

You can see the metal soft top covers in the rear.
The dssh and steering wheel are not the wooden ones a GT would have ( which wouldnt be useful for your dash question if they were)
The doors are ST you can see the painted tops and plain door cards, no padded waist rolls or fluted door trims.

65beam

Donation Time
So all things taken into consideration including all the tell tale signs that show it to be a series 3 ST and nothing showing that would make it a GT version and not a series 2 plus the fact that series 3 production ended in October, 1963 is everyone agreeing that this is a series 3 that would have made it to the states and been titled as a 1964 model car? Wonder what the VIN number is???

ethernectar

Donation Time
We'll be at the storage spot (ExtraSpace Storage near the Marketplace) Sunday from 1-3ish. If anyone expects they can swing by during that time my cel is 209.996.4561. I can come meet you at the gate.