• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Rockonp04

Transmission Mounting with or without spacer

I am converting my clutch from a hydraulic throwout bearing to the stock orientation. We have already milled the pilot bearing shaft down to fit the pilot bearing inner diameter. We have the Jose spacer plate. Do I need to use the Jose spacer plate? Do I need to do anything else to the...
  2. Rockonp04

Clutch Fork pins

Anyone know how to get these pins out? Need some advice before I start banging on them.
  3. Rockonp04

Sourcing Bell Housing D4ZA-6394 CC with Clutch Fork

I need a bell housing D4ZA-6394 CC with the clutch fork installed. Does anyone have one with the fork? I have the housing without the fork. Is the fork sold separately?
  4. Rockonp04

Clutch Issue with Hydraulic Throw-out Bearing

Recently got our V6 running and tuned. On our way to the transmission shop to rebuild the transmission, the clutch went out. Transmission is running great, we just wanted to future-proof it before we thrash it. We are running a stock 5/8" bore clutch master cylinder from Sunbeam Specialties and...
  5. Rockonp04

Cam Shaft Recomendations

Finally got my car running and was getting the carb tuned and got the numbers from the shop and it was a measly 109HP. We are running the Jose grind on the Delta cam and has a ton of lope to it. Thinking of running a different cam since something doesn't seem right. Running like 40 degrees of...
  6. Rockonp04

Cap for Clutch Master Cylinder

Does anyone know of a replacement cap for the stock clutch master cylinder? I bought one from sunbeam specialties and classic sunbeam and both cracked from the slightest over tightening. I’m looking for like a Dorman cap made is ABS plastic that won’t immediately crack. Anyone know of one?
  7. Rockonp04

Thread for Windshield Nuts

Anyone know the thread for the nuts that secure the windshield?
  8. Rockonp04

Sunbeam Specialties WINDSHIELD POST UP OR DOWN ADJ. NUTS #WS58

Does anyone have a set of the windshield adjustment nuts (WS58) from Sunbeam Specialties? Covid hit and they have been on back order for some time. Anybody got a set they don't need laying aound? Also, does it only take 2 nuts? I thought there were more nuts for the wind screen.
  9. Rockonp04

Need Fuel Sending Unit Ring Series 5

HELP!!!! I just had my fuel sending unit rebuilt and had the gas tanks painted inside and out. However, my dad, who removed the sending unit, cannot find the fuel sending unit locking ring. Classic Sunbeam has the kit but won't sell me just the ring. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or...
  10. Rockonp04

Gap in Windshield Trim

Just got my windshield back from the polisher/powder coater/glass guy and there is a significant gap in the bottom trim. Any advice on tightening this gap up? Also, this trim does not seem very secure. Any old tricks you guys have is appreciated on keeping this thing secure?
  11. Rockonp04

Windshield Door Seal

Trying to figure out which is the correct way to install the seal on the windshield which also ties into the body. I installed it like this since it seems most plausible but the suspect original rubber seal was installed the other way. Can someone advise if I have it installed correctly? This is...
  12. Rockonp04

3 Point Seat Belt Recomendations

Does anyone have any seat belt recommendations? I am interested in a 3 point belt. Sunbeam Alpine has sets. Has anybody used them?
  13. Rockonp04

Jet Sizes for Holley 390 Main and Secondary

I am looking for recommendations for main/secondary jet size for my Holley 390. I've already changed my power valve to 4.5 and I ordered 56 jets for the time being because I think I am running lean. I put in a metering block and would like jet recommendations for the secondaries too. Any input...
  14. Rockonp04

Trunk Shock Setup

Interested in the shock setup for my trunk. Not a huge fan of the spring trunk setup. Something like PROCRAFT's setup. Does anyone sell a bracket and the shocks for this setup?
  15. Rockonp04

Temp Sender in Celsius

Does anyone know where I can get a temp sender that fits the V6 2.8L but is in celsius? I think the thread is 3/8" if I am not mistaken.
  16. Rockonp04

Speedometer Pickup

I just got my car up and running but when I drive it, fluid pours out of the speedometer pickup. I've got a 1352-238 transmission. Any suggestions?
  17. Rockonp04

Water Outlet Gasket

Anyone got a lead on the water outlet gasket? It's for the part below. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ofy-6278
  18. Rockonp04

Series 5 Rear View Mirror Glass

I've got a stock rearview mirror off of a series 5. The plastic piece is all chipped and needs to be replaced. I am also missing the glass. From what I hear the plastic piece is impossible to find and I am most likely going to have to go to an upholsterer shop to get a plastic piece. What I need...
  19. Rockonp04

Rearview Mirror Series 5

I've got a stock rearview mirror off of a series 5. The plastic piece is all chipped and needs to be replaced. I am also missing the glass. From what I hear the plastic piece is impossible to find and I am most likely going to have to go to an upholsterer shop to get a plastic piece. What I need...
  20. Rockonp04

Oil Pressure Range

I just got my oil pressure gauge hooked up. At idle, I am running 60 lb/in^2. My car hasn't been tuned and is running a high idle, but I just wanted to make sure I am close to where it's supposed to be. Thanks.