• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 1fineAlpine

Front bumper question

Hi guys, This is my first post in a long time. A while back I bought what was supposed to be a front bumper for my SIV from eBay, but it looks pretty much exactly like my rear bumper. It has the brackets on it, but I haven't matched them up with the rear yet to see if there's any...
  2. 1fineAlpine

Found on spokane craigslist

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5883783142.html Says it's a 63 but looks older.
  3. 1fineAlpine

Build date question

Hey guys, I've got a question about the build dates. My Alpine is a '65 series IV, vin B9400226. The date code section has it listed as being built between 11/25 - 11/29 1963, yet it's definitely not a series 3 or older body style. It has the factory rivets on the tag. The SAL is 350038 if that...
  4. 1fineAlpine

Alpine driveline vs Tiger driveline

I've tried searching for the answer but didn't have much luck. I've got a chance to buy an Alpine driveline locally for a really good price but I've got a 302 V8 with a Tiger toploader 4spd and a Dana 44 rear axle. I'm assuming a Tiger driveline would work but I can't find any cheaper than what...
  5. 1fineAlpine

V8 Alpine project update

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted anything on here. Just been popping in from time to time to see what's new and that's about it. I've been spending the last two years I've owned my Alpine gathering all the parts needed to finish my V8 swap. So this is where I'm at as of this year...
  6. 1fineAlpine

Can it handle it?

Hey guys, it's warming up in my neck of the woods, and I've got a fever... Spring fever! I plan on hitting my V8 swap hard this year to try and be ruining my driving record by the end of summer :D Anyways, I was talking to a guy a few months ago from the catmbr forum, and he mentioned that the...
  7. 1fineAlpine

Before it's too late...

This is kind of an odd question, but my dream car has been a Shelby Cobra for years, then basically anything Shelby related up to the 70's, and I always wanted to get some Shelby part to have signed to hang on my wall until I was able to buy a Shelby vehicle (better start playing the Lotto) and...
  8. 1fineAlpine

5" servo. Any good?

How do the 5" brake servos compare to the 7" servos? Do they still work ok, and are there rebuild kits available for them?
  9. 1fineAlpine

What's up with my trunk lid?

Hi guys, before I start sanding on my Alpine in the next couple months I just wanted to know a question about the "Sunbeam" letters for the trunk lid. My car doesn't have them, nor does it have any holes for them to mount. All I have is two holes for my license plate, and my "SIV" badge that's...
  10. 1fineAlpine

T5 transmission help

Well the time has come to where I've finally kicked it into high gear on getting my Alpine up and running. Got a shweet 302 built up and almost ready to drop in, and I figured I'd better get my transmission question out of the way. I noticed that the P.O. of my car who initially started the swap...
  11. 1fineAlpine

Wheel information

Hi guys! I was scrolling through some Sunbeam pictures and came across this car, but it didn't have a link or anything to give information about it. My question is, does anybody know who's owns this car? I'd like to know what wheels these are and possibly some more pictures of them. I thought...
  12. 1fineAlpine

Alpine registry

Hi guys, I went ahead and registered my Alpine around a week-week and a half ago, and it still isn't showing up in the registry. Did I goof up and need to do it again, or does it go through to the administrator and has to get approved first? Thanks! -Kyle
  13. 1fineAlpine

427 sunbeam

Hi guys, I've seen a few different posts about the 427 Sunbeam on eBay, and I came across a video of it on the dyno. Kind of poor quality, but kinda cool to see it running. http://youtu.be/NDH_ajDcNTE
  14. 1fineAlpine

Alpine for sale

I know nothing about this car. I was just scrolling through Craigslist and came across it. It would be a project, but the price isn't bad considering the body looks straight and has a title. Parts car maybe? $700 http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4082068670.html
  15. 1fineAlpine

65 SIV V8 conversion

Hello everyone, I am new to not only the forum, but to the Sunbeam world as well. My mom used to date a guy in the 80's who raced a very hopped up Tiger, and from her stories about the car my interest sparked and I eventually got an Alpine with a 302ci V8 Ford already in progress. I've only had...