• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Shabazz

Series 3/4/5 Radiator into Series 2?

I've finally gotten back to my Darkside build and have encountered an issue. I have a radiator from a series 3/4/5 and am trying to put it in a series 2. The radiator has been modified and is ready to hook up to the V6 engine, but the mounting points for the radiator are different. I'm...
  2. Shabazz

clutch/brake fitting suppliers

I'm looking for brake line fittings and the general suppliers don't have them. Maybe you all could give me some names? I'm trying to go from a clutch master male 3/8-24 Bubble flare... Through a flexible line to a male 3/8-24 inverted flare (Going from Series 2 clutch master to speedway pull...
  3. Shabazz

2.8 V6 to C3/C4 auto trans mount

I have found myself with a transmission mount for a C3/C4 automatic transmission. I am in the process of converting to the dark side but my preference is a standard transmission. This mount doesn’t work for me. This mount will allow you to mount the c3/c4 paired with a 2.8 to the car frame. I...
  4. Shabazz

Series 5 front end swap into a series 2-Issues

I was under the impression that the front ends for all the series front ends were interchangeable. I think I might be wrong. Today I lowered my series 2 body down on the series 5 front end and it doesn't quite fit. (I bought this front end because it was all set with the Jose' motor mounts...
  5. Shabazz

Caster shims/control wedges

I have removed my front crossmember and the caster wedges are crumbly. Does anyone have a source where I could get new ones, and also some advice on the angle. I read in another thread that 4 to 5 degrees is preferable to the original 3.83 degrees. I can’t pretend to know much about this. Any...
  6. Shabazz

Series 2 gas tank support wanted.

I’m in search of a gas tank support for my series 2. In the attached picture it is #13. Somewhere along the line this part was misplaced…
  7. Shabazz

Series 2 E-brake Handle

Looking for a series 2 hand brake handle.
  8. Shabazz

How on earth do I effectively search this site?

I often go to google and type in "Sunbeam Alpine....etc" in order to get any results from SAOCA. I am rarely successful searching using the site search. Am I missing something? Is there a 'how to' article on how to use this website? Thanks for any help. I'm trying to avoid asking well...
  9. Shabazz

Series 2 Tank Support

I’m in search of a gas tank support for my series 2. In the attached picture it is #13. Somewhere along the line this part was misplaced…
  10. Shabazz

Series 1,2,3,or 4 steel wheel hub wanted

I think I must have bent one of my hubs slightly when removing it. Does anyone have a straight hub for a series 2?
  11. Shabazz

Gas filler neck not secured to body

I am puzzled as to how my gas filler neck goes back together. (I didn't take pictures!) The tank filler neck didn't fit well when I removed it so I guess the way it was wasn't correct anyway. My 62 series 2 has a larger tank than the original, though it fits like a glove in the original...
  12. Shabazz

Diff to axle housing nut torque?

I’m looking for the torque setting for the 10 nuts that hold the differential to the axle housing. 62 series 2 I can’t seem to find it in my manual or in a thread search. Perhaps I don’t know the correct vocabulary. thanks for your help
  13. Shabazz

Rear Axle Number Stamp

As I have been cleaning 59 years of grease and grime off of the rear axle, I have found some numbers stamped onto the top: 2AL 5554 I've been searching to try to find the meaning of these numbers to no avail. The Vehicle is a 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series 2 Does anyone know the meaning of these...
  14. Shabazz

Series II Parts for Sale (help me finance my build!)

1962 Alpine Series II Gauges, Dual Carbs, Generator, Passenger side door pillar, Trunk Hinges, Ashtray. Make offer/plus shipping from 55051 I will also have engine (1.5) and transmission (not sure if overdrive is present, VIN indicates it does, but I don't see it) for sale after I remove...
  15. Shabazz

SII suspension Armstrong to shocks

I am in the process of working on my rear suspension and am wondering about an issue with the rotted rebound straps. I am planning on converting to a V6 and would like a solid rear end before I start that process. As I inspect my rear suspension I see the straps are shredded and rotted. I am...
  16. Shabazz

Mystery (To me) Electrical Part

1962 Series 2 Alpine I'm wondering what this item is (see attached pic). It is attached to the firewall of the engine compartment on the passenger side (LHD). It is not actually wired in to anything at the moment. The blue wire you see simply makes a loop. I can't decipher the wiring...
  17. Shabazz

For sale? Not sure what I have...

Engine has these numbers H R 2 1980898 12-2-64 Transmission has these: 1981060 5DA 21055 27 / I really can't make sense of it. My dad gave me the 62 sunbeam alpine along with this engine and transmission extra. I need room and would like to get rid of these but don't want to recycle them if...
  18. Shabazz

Won't restart after running

My dad has a 62 Alpine that has been worked on by several people. My dad doesn't know much about mechanical things. Anyway, he most recently picked it up from the shop and drove it home about 30 miles on the highway. He said it ran beautifully but when he stopped to pick up some milk, he got...