• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Shabazz

Series 3/4/5 Radiator into Series 2?

I've finally gotten back to my Darkside build and have encountered an issue. I have a radiator from a series 3/4/5 and am trying to put it in a series 2. The radiator has been modified and is ready to hook up to the V6 engine, but the mounting points for the radiator are different. I'm...
  2. Shabazz

clutch/brake fitting suppliers

Thanks Don, I'll check them out.
  3. Shabazz

clutch/brake fitting suppliers

I'm looking for brake line fittings and the general suppliers don't have them. Maybe you all could give me some names? I'm trying to go from a clutch master male 3/8-24 Bubble flare... Through a flexible line to a male 3/8-24 inverted flare (Going from Series 2 clutch master to speedway pull...
  4. Shabazz

Series II Parts for Sale (help me finance my build!)

Sorry, I sold the whole kit and kaboodle to a guy. I have nothing left
  5. Shabazz

2.8 V6 to C3/C4 auto trans mount

I have found myself with a transmission mount for a C3/C4 automatic transmission. I am in the process of converting to the dark side but my preference is a standard transmission. This mount doesn’t work for me. This mount will allow you to mount the c3/c4 paired with a 2.8 to the car frame. I...
  6. Shabazz

Series 5 front end swap into a series 2-Issues

I was under the impression that the front ends for all the series front ends were interchangeable. I think I might be wrong. Today I lowered my series 2 body down on the series 5 front end and it doesn't quite fit. (I bought this front end because it was all set with the Jose' motor mounts...
  7. Shabazz

Caster shims/control wedges

I have removed my front crossmember and the caster wedges are crumbly. Does anyone have a source where I could get new ones, and also some advice on the angle. I read in another thread that 4 to 5 degrees is preferable to the original 3.83 degrees. I can’t pretend to know much about this. Any...
  8. Shabazz

Series I & II Shock Mount conversion to Tube Type

I moved the upper shock attachment to the rearward hole. As stated in DanR's POST 2 Quote: For the top brackets, the bolts/studs are always high (towards the top) and offset to the rear. It made it a very close fit between the shock and e-brake rod. I went ahead and bent the e-brake rod a...
  9. Shabazz

Series 2 E-brake Handle

I’ve got one now. Thanks all.
  10. Shabazz

Series 2 gas tank support wanted.

I’m in search of a gas tank support for my series 2. In the attached picture it is #13. Somewhere along the line this part was misplaced…
  11. Shabazz

Series 2 E-brake Handle

Looking for a series 2 hand brake handle.
  12. Shabazz

How on earth do I effectively search this site?

Thanks. I was wondering about a google search box, but I also have no skills in that realm. Thanks for the help
  13. Shabazz

How on earth do I effectively search this site?

I often go to google and type in "Sunbeam Alpine....etc" in order to get any results from SAOCA. I am rarely successful searching using the site search. Am I missing something? Is there a 'how to' article on how to use this website? Thanks for any help. I'm trying to avoid asking well...
  14. Shabazz

Series 2 Tank Support

I’m in search of a gas tank support for my series 2. In the attached picture it is #13. Somewhere along the line this part was misplaced…
  15. Shabazz

Series 1,2,3,or 4 steel wheel hub wanted

Thanks. That is very helpful. I appreciate it!
  16. Shabazz

Series 1,2,3,or 4 steel wheel hub wanted

I think I must have bent one of my hubs slightly when removing it. Does anyone have a straight hub for a series 2?
  17. Shabazz

Gas filler neck not secured to body

I am puzzled as to how my gas filler neck goes back together. (I didn't take pictures!) The tank filler neck didn't fit well when I removed it so I guess the way it was wasn't correct anyway. My 62 series 2 has a larger tank than the original, though it fits like a glove in the original...
  18. Shabazz

Series II gas tank

Is this still available?