• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. SeriesVtime

Window Parts

I seem to have misplaced the small key that's on the window's channel that stops the window from extending up beyond the gear's furthest travel. It's a little rectangular piece of metal with a hole that's screwed in the window channel. I'm sure it's around here in a ziplock but I've looked and...
  2. SeriesVtime

Leaf Spring Centering Pin

While rebuilding the rear axle leaf springs on my 67 Series V I noticed that the center pin appeared to be stretched and bent toward its threaded end. The threads, I suspect due to stretching, and diameter were also thinner. I wanted to ask the group if anyone has an after market replacement...
  3. SeriesVtime

Stabilizer Installation

When I assembled the front-end of my SV, I must've just been in too much of a rush and failed to install the stabilizer. Now, I'm having a devil of a time muscling it into place. Are there any special steps/instructions that someone might share to help me wrap this last step to my resto...
  4. SeriesVtime

SV Head: Proper Water Jet Installation

I am planning on assembling the top 1/2 of my 1725cc motor this weekend. Just got back from picking up the head (happy happy). As I started organizing the parts, I realized that I couldn't recall how exactly the small 'Water Jet' that goes inside the head fits. I do recall that when I...
  5. SeriesVtime

Series V Outer Window Rubber

I picked up new clips and rubber strips for the outer window strip on a Series V from Sunbeam Specialties and either the clips are too short, or the small tabs on the rubber strip don't extend down to fully grab the tangs on the clips. They just barely connect. I'm installing the metal clips...
  6. SeriesVtime

Stock 1725cc Rocker Ratio

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what the standard 1725cc rocker ratio is? I've a spare head and I'm chatting with a fellow that ports and polishes and we're looking at cleaning up my spare. Thanks!
  7. SeriesVtime

Overdrive drive-shaft length

I'm about to start to re-assemble my 67 Series V and currently have a stock drive shaft. I plan on putting an overdrive in the drive train - I know that the shaft will need to be cut down but I don't know how far. I'd like to get that started while the other pieces are in process, rather...
  8. SeriesVtime

Electronic Trigger Wheel placement

I'm seriously looking into moving away from the stock ignition system and to using an electronic trigger wheel but wanted to get some thoughts on where best to place the trigger wheel. There are two possibilities: in front of the harmonic balancer or behind it. My preference is behind it, but...
  9. SeriesVtime

1725cc Pistons 0.40 over flattop - Wanted

1725cc Pistons 0.040 over flattop - Wanted Before I fax off my order to Venolia, I thought I'd poll the group to see if some/anyone has a set of 0.040 over pistons for my 1725cc Series V motor, currently down for a little winter make-better. Flattop preferred but other options entertained...
  10. SeriesVtime

Alternative to front oil slinger

Hi All, I was told about an alternative to the front oil slinger crank seal non-sense that someone had designed and posted at one time on the SAOCA forums, but searched and couldn't find it. Could someone point me toward that discussion thread? I'd like to find an alternative to the current...
  11. SeriesVtime

Pre-machining Head Check

Hi All, I've had this late 67 1725cc head in my garage for about a decade now, and am considering reconditioning it for an engine build I'm working on. There are a few questionably areas that have me concerned. So before I spend any money on this one, I wanted to ask others thoughts on cylinder...
  12. SeriesVtime

Head mods

Hi Jim, I'm curious why you've 'cooled' on the 'Vizard modified cumbustion chamber'? Improvement not worth the hassle? Jeff
  13. SeriesVtime

Series V 1725cc camshaft

I'm looking for a Series V camshaft. Thanks! Jeff
  14. SeriesVtime

No change in Oil Pressure

Hi All, I have a 67 1725 that's been recently rebuilt (questionably I might add) with a pair of dcoe40s. It runs, reasonably peppy. But I'm concerned that the oil pressure always reads 40 pounds. Cold, warm or hot - always 40 pounds. Now it will run a little on the warm side (h20). It may take...
  15. SeriesVtime

1725cc pulley

I'm looking to reduce (I've given up on eliminating) the oil leaks from my 1725cc Series V. I pulled the pulley and the portion that goes through the timing chain cover is rather chewed up. What's odd is the cover appears fine. But all of that aside, if you've got a pulley that's in reasonable...
  16. SeriesVtime

Bonnet Latch Alignment secrets

Hey all - I'm pulling my hair out trying to get the bonnet latch to align in a way that the bonnet is on straight, the latch post fits in the hole, and the latch will disconnect when I pull the bonnet handle. I've had to loosen up the front hinges from the grill holes 5 times now and it's...
  17. SeriesVtime

Dual DCOE Webers - Vacuum and Crankcase Venting

I recently picked up a redline intake for my 1725cc series V and had a pair of 40 dcoe webers off an old Sunbeam. I've rebuilt the webers and made adjustments for the intake and new exhaust manifold, but I'm not 100% sure how best to plumb the vacuum advance for the distributor, pcv, brake...
  18. SeriesVtime

Need 1725 engine or block

I'd like to build up a new motor for my Series V. An entire motor, minus carbs, intake, exhaust, starter, would be great. If that's not available a block would suffice. What I'd like to avoid is shipping the items either at all or long distances. I live in Northern California - Sunnyvale...
  19. SeriesVtime

Low Compression

Hello all, I have a Series V that I've been working on for a while years now. She's getting close to being back on the road. Our current issue, and I'm hoping our last, is that it's running rough. I swapped out the Strombergs with a pair of DCOE 40 Webers, which I rebuilt, and seem to be...