• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

Cold starting

Not sure if this is the appropriate section to post this in .... but here goes. I had been suffering realy hard cold starting on my SV. I had the carbs off twice to inspect/adjust etc .... properly sealed the manifold to head (so no air leaks). All seemed fine ... BUT, it was still a real pig to...
  2. S

ammeter to voltmeter issues

Hi all, quick question on voltmeters. As my SV runs a modern alternater, I changed the ammeter to a voltmeter .... So now I find that my battery runs down somewhat quicker than it used to! I have it wired to the 4th (spare) terminal on the ignition switch and earth (is this how others have...
  3. S

Battery 'positive' cable

Hello all, Whilst doing a bit of maintenance .... I noticed alot of the dreaded 'green' gunk around the battery terminal and end of the cable. So I thought I'd cut it back a couple of inches and re-fit. However, I dont seem to have enough slack to bring the cable further into the battery box...
  4. S

Stromberg air valve springs

Hi all, Can anyone tell me what the 'open' air valve return spring length is on CD150's? Toot toot all
  5. S

O/D gearbox switch

Hi all, Just been sorting out the overdrive harness in my SV. However, can anyone tell me if the gearbox O/D switch needs it's two wires connected in any particular order!!! I'm sure it has terminal numbers on it, but in situ its hard to tell, and I dont want to disturb it by removing it if...