• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. venice532

SUNI photos wanted

Hi all, if anyone here is planning on going to SUNI and would care to share your experience you can send me SUNI adventure photos and I'll publish them on the CAT facebook page. When Buck and Claudia did their whirlwind California to Wisconsin trip in their black tiger a few years ago they...
  2. venice532

new amazon tire delivery

Notice that they are nice enough to ring the doorbell?
  3. venice532

driveshaft place

Hi all, I just wanted to pass on a good experience I just had with a custom driveshaft fabricator. I'm working on a 302/t5 alpine project and after checking all the Ford forums I ended up using Tatton's Drivelines in Utah. He made several 2" od .120 wall balanced driveshafts for me and the...
  4. venice532

bolt brands

I'm cleaning up a box of old sunbeam bolts and I discovered that there are 4 different makes of the 1/4-28 bolts- Frazer, Sparts, Wiley and Auto. I'm pretty sure the Auto brand was used on my later tiger so the others must have come from a series 4 alpine and a mk1a tiger but both cars were in...
  5. venice532

Trying to locate A67-297 differential

A couple of years ago I bought a mk2 that had a numbers correct trans but a rear end from a mk1. I realize this is incredibly unlikely but does anyone know the whereabouts of rear axle #A67-297? The seller was an original CAT member and he bought the car in the mid 70's from another early CAT...
  6. venice532

squished tiger for sale

not mine, just saw it on bring a trailer Bob https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-sunbeam-tiger-21/
  7. venice532

TE/AE United

Buck and Claudia T. are sending these to me and I thought I would post them here. I'm not there but it looks like it's a great event. Bob J.
  8. venice532

trunk floor piece needed

Hi, does anyone have a later model trunk floor they could part with? The passenger side (about a third of the floor) needs to be replaced. The rust doesn't go up the sides. I'm in 90291. Thanks Bob
  9. venice532

May 11 Willow Springs Open track event

I just wanted to post this in case anyone wasn't aware of this event. There will be a number of tigers (both street and race) there this year and maybe some other sunbeams as well. For an entry fee of $10 it's tons of fun. Bob Cobra Owners Club of America have invited CAT to join them May 11th...
  10. venice532

free series 5 exhaust manifold and radiator

Free exhaust manifold and a probably good radiator (no visible damage) , pick up in 90291. Bob
  11. venice532

free messed up tail light bezels

Anyone out there want to show off your metal working abilities? I have 11 bezels that all dented in some way. These are chrome plated brass so if you can repair and use them let me know and you can have them. A couple are ok but they would need rechroming. They can be picked up in 90291 or I can...
  12. venice532

2019 Queens English Meet

I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not feel free to move it. The Woodley park Queens English show was last Sunday and I think there were four alpines, an imp and a hillman husky I think. Here are some pictures that Travis posted on the CAT facebook page...
  13. venice532

free shocks, stock sway bar and series 5 driveshaft

These are free to be picked up in Venice 90291. I'm also going to Queen's English at Woodley Park next month and I could bring them there. thanks Bob
  14. venice532

2 free used clutch master and slave cylinders

If anyone out there can use these you can have them for free. All 4 parts are obviously in need of rebuilding or resleeving but the price is right. I'd like to have them picked up in west los angeles but I suppose I could mail them out at your cost. Let me know, thanks. Bob
  15. venice532

changing transmission and overdrive oil

Hi all, I have a series 5 with overdrive and I want to change the oil in the trans and overdrive. After reading up on it I understand that it's best to use 30w non detergent. I can see on the underside of the overdrive there is a plug marked 'drain' and of course the trans has it's drain plug...
  16. venice532

free mk4 bumper blade

This has the holes for the integral license plate lights, it has to be picked up at my house in Venice 90291. thanks Bob J.
  17. venice532

series 4 intake manifold

Hi, does anyone have an alpine series 4 intake manifold they will sell? I'm going to convert to a dgv weber on an older car and am trying to do it on the cheap and avoid spending $175 for a new one. thanks Bob
  18. venice532

late model 25 spline trans for sale

Hi all, I have a complete late fine spline transmission for sale. It came out of a parts car I bought. The car had been in storage for a long time because it had burned a valve and was never repaired. I have been told by an alpine expert that this is considered the most robust of alpine...
  19. venice532

free transmission

I have a 1967 alpine transmission that needs rebuilding and I would like to give it to someone that can use it. There is no bellhousing but most everything else seems to be there. I don't know what the original problem was- the guy I bought the car from bought another transmission instead of...