• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bashby

1967 Alpine Modified for sale

Due to many changes I have decided to list my "Nissan in Alpine" for sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Sunbeam-Alpine-/152540817840?hash=item23842429b0:g:hvoAAOSwhvFZD7y-&vxp=mtr
  2. bashby

Rootes in Hong Kong

Found this photo web surfing one night
  3. bashby

'67 SV in Albuquerque

No relation, have not seen it, etc. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5047289848.html
  4. bashby

Now here is an engine for an Alpine

http://www.radicalperformanceengines.com/assets/uploads/pt_14e1308093ad4b32b4fcef0662bac0a7.pdf 2.7 liter V8 Max Power = 360.24bhp (measured at the rear wheels) Max Torque = 218.53lb-ft Length 546mm (21.5") Width 513mm (20.2") Height 440mm (17.32") Dry weight 88kg (194lb) Max revs 10500rpm Bore...
  5. bashby

Registry Information

I have yet to get organized or have current registry information but if you send your Alpine information consisting of VIN, ST/GT, Series, State/Country, Condition and modification information I will enter this into a spreadsheet and eventually onto the SAOCA site registry. I am also looking...
  6. bashby

Devil May Care

Reading a book titled "Devil May Care" by Sebastian Faulks writing as Ian Fleming, an Alpine is mentioned... "At one minute to nine, a white Sunbeam Alpine drew up with a squeak alongside him. The hood was down, and in the driving seat, in dark glasses and a distractingly short red linen...
  7. bashby

Dash SIII vs. SV differences

I am sure that there are many differences between the Series III dash and the Series V dash, anyone care to give me a clue as to how many changes I will need to make to a SIII to fit an SV? I am getting the .dxf for a SIII and will need to change it for a SV as I will be ordering a machined...
  8. bashby

Sunbeam Steering Wheels

Ken Corbin 303-364-5787 resto-mods Sunbeam steering wheels, he repairs the bakelite housing and wood wraps the rim, the rim can be thin like OEM or thicker. The photo shows one wrapped in walnut but does not do it justice. Ken does not have email or web access and he requested that I post...
  9. bashby

Front Springs SV

I have 4-sets of front springs for sale, different lengths and weights they were made for me by Coil Spring Specialties in KS. The 1st three sets were on my SV for about 1000 miles total, the last set (450#4/in and an un-laden length of 9-3/8" (the driver-side is 1/4" longer)) was on for ~8,000...
  10. bashby

Ft. Spax shocks

I have 2-Spax adjustable front shocks for sale they were on my SV for ~9,000 miles, they work well. I also have 1-Spax rear adjustable shock it was on the SV for ~7,000 miles. The 2-Front shocks for $65 +S&H the rear I may give away. PM me
  11. bashby

Leaf Springs, 5k miles Dales

Once I have the 4-link on my Series V, I will be selling a set of Tiger leaf springs that I purchased from Dales Restorations for $400 about 1-year and 5,000 miles ago. PM me if you are interested.
  12. bashby

Front Suspension Coil overs

I am considering putting coil overs on the front of my Series V has anyone done this?
  13. bashby

2012 Colorado Conclave

The Colorado Conclave is September 15-16 in Arvada. Weather permitting I will be there with my Series V.
  14. bashby

4-link rear suspension

Bill Guzman makes a 4-link with coilovers for an MGB has anyone looked at this for use on an Alpine? http://www.classicconversionseng.com/MGB-4-Link-Rear-Suspension.htm
  15. bashby

15x6 Minilites for sale

I will have a set of 5-Minilite wheels for sale, they are 15x6 with a 4" backspace, weight 18.9#/each. They are unmarked and have been mounted/dismounted twice, they have about 4000 miles on them. They will not be available until the week of 21 September 2011. $625 for the set +S&H which is less...
  16. bashby

Radiator Cap & S-V Heater Core

On the Nissan CA18DET motor in my Series V I am running an 11-13 psi radiator cap. I have yet to connect the S-V OEM heater core to the system. I am concerned that the core may not be up to it. I verified that the core is sound but as that they were not designed for the pressure I have...
  17. bashby

S-V A-Pillar trim and weatherstipping

On my Series V I have the SS windshield trim, SS A-Pillar trim and weatherstripping. What attachment/order methods do they go on? The windshield trim is I understand, doI rivit the windshield trim in place then the A-pillar weatherstripping and trim or ??? photos would be great too.
  18. bashby

Trunk Lock Support Plate Missing a Part?

I am putting my Series V back together and it appears that I am missing a mounting bracket for the trunk lock/support plate region as the trunk lock mechanism screws into the body in the flange gasket interface and the support bracket attaches to the body with 4-1/4-28 bolts. Does the lock...
  19. bashby

Dash Pad Installation Series V

I am certain that this has been asked many times. I got a new dash pad for my Series V from Curt at CS a couple of years ago and am finally ready to install it. My car had a homemade dash pad on it so, I do not know where the OEM pad is supposed to hit under the windshield. The photo was...
  20. bashby

Mounting S-V fuel filler cap

On an Alpine Series V, which way does the fuel filler cap go? Hinge forward (left opening) or hinge rearward (right opening)? Memory says hinge to the rear and in the body detent but how many time has it been taken apart?