• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. phyrman

Aftermarket Clock adaptor

Hi all. So if you are utilizing after-market gauges, finding a clock (or other gauge) that fits the 2 3/8" hole is impossible! So I made an adaptor that will allow fitting the clock (or other gauge) into the clock hole. Aluminum and can be painted, polished or whatever. I can do a run of these...
  2. phyrman

GT cockpit finishers, under dash finishers, early over riders

name your price and add postage what ever is left over next Friday will be going to the metal scaper :( need to clear out!!!!! Bruce
  3. phyrman

GT Interior parts/bonnets/bumpers for sale

2 round corner bonnets in very good shape GT interior finishing parts for refinishing Ser5 Top bow, no header bow 2 bumpers, 5 early style overriders and 3 later style Name you price! If I have to ship, actual shipping will be added Many more parts coming soon!!! bruce
  4. phyrman

body roll

Here are two pix of cars AutoXing One is of the Nissan powered Ser5 and the other a Tiger This shows what is needed to flatten out the cars for AutoXing and keeping it somewhat comfortable!!!!! Ideas?
  5. phyrman

Elec fan

A friend has a tier, stroked to 347ci. Supercharged. etc etc. about 580HP! He is running a 1986 Mercedes Benz 300E elec pusher fan. no over heating issues!!! As you can see from the pic, not much room left!!! The fan is around $80!!!!! Something to consider Bruce
  6. phyrman

Alpines at Tigers United

So this past weekend in Santa Maria CA I went to Tigers United. Usually there are more Alpines that show up. Sadly only two this year. One was a Ser2 mostly stock. The second was a Ser5, not so stock! Nissan twin cam and drive train, A/C etc etc. The gentleman that made this, does many mods for...
  7. phyrman

V Alpine

a friend sent me this link.....a steal!!! I do not know seller or have ever seen this car just passing it on https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-sunbeam-alpine-22/
  8. phyrman

Ser 3 transmission

Ser3 tranny, came out of a ser3 with 52,000 miles new front and rear seals, NO SHIFT LEVER, sorry I do have a crate which I will sell as part of shipping cost for $50 $100 obo + shipping costs Bruce
  9. phyrman

Goodies from Alpine Innovations

I just received a nice box full of goodies from Alpine Innovations (UK) Intake, pre-jetted carb, air intake parts, new throttle linkage etc. Jerome was very easy to work with! I believe the SAOC is responsible for manufacturing of the parts they sell, so a shout out to them as well! Package was...
  10. phyrman

Cam vs Cam pt 2

here is the difference between early Alpine cam shafts and the ser5 early cams have 12 drive teeth for oil pump and ser5 has 11 teeth corresponding oil pumps also have 12 or 11 teeth
  11. phyrman

cam shaft vs cam shaft

Hi all, I forget the difference between the early Alpine cam shafts vs the Ser5 cam shafts Can anyone assist me with this? Thanks BD
  12. phyrman

Ser3 GT back home

Just got my Set 3 home after getting the proper rear clip on. Now on to the drive train!
  13. phyrman

Ser1 or 2 Modified

Wasting time during the latest "lock down" I was searching pictures of Alpines... usually to get ideas This is a super clean Modified Alp anyone know the owner or more on this car? I like what they have done!
  14. phyrman

Alpine in Glendale CA OUCH!!!!

I ran across this, don't know how to copy the link tho....... 1967 SUNBEAM ALPINE WITH TIGER WHEELS, RACING BUMPERS, NO DOOR HANDLES. MANUAL, ONE TOUCH START, RACING GAUGES AND MESH DASHBOARD. HELLA RACING FOG LIGHTS. RACING NUMBER STICKERS 88 ALL OVER JAMES BOND DRIVEN ONE IN THE MOVIE. BUY...
  15. phyrman

October Calendar picture

The picture in this years Calendar is of a 1959 Hillman Husky, the forebearer of our beloved Alpines and Tigers. Year ago I purchased it from the father of one of my co-workers, we was asking $80 and his son talked him down to $50!!! Originally green/white with red interior now ablaze with...
  16. phyrman

Ser3-5 &Tiger Hard Top

Was going to go on my Ser3 GT, decided against keeping the top. Hard top, complete and ready to paint and assemble! Shiny parts either in great shape or re-chromed new windows, seals All bows accounted for In Los Angeles $3000 or an acceptable offer Bruce
  17. phyrman

Ser3 GT engine and Tranny

Available soon! Ser 3 GT engine complete 52,000 miles and freely turns! and tranny Located in Los Angeles area Make offer Bruce
  18. phyrman

Free Parrish top

Free! pick up in LosAngeles I used to help prop up tarp while working on my car If no takers, dumpster fodder!!!! Bruce
  19. phyrman

Copper-nickel brake lines

With the copper-nickel brake lines that can be purchased thru SS or other suppliers, if you have to cut and re-flare an end, I highly recommend the following: (I just learned this thru my dad the Mech Engr) heat with a torch until it blues (annealing process), then quickly quench the piece in...
  20. phyrman

Odd seat parts

Taking apart a set of Ser3 GT seats, never reupholstered as far as I can tell, I came across this item. Rubber blocks on the bottom of the seats with locating barbs on the seat frame. And on the seat rails, these rectangular bosses for the rubber to sit on. In 30 years I have never seen this set...