• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Chazbeam

Brake pads for 1962 Alpine?

OK so i have this ongoing saga with my Pads and drum brakes where every time i order them from some supply house using the model year of my Alpine (1962 series 2) i get these shoes and pads that don't resemble anything i have and do not fit.....?????? I have searched online with barely anything...
  2. Chazbeam

Vintage sunbeam winners!

A little sunbeam pride to add to the great tradition of racing for inspiration... Anyone have things to add? http://www.grandprixhistory.org/sunbeam.htm
  3. Chazbeam

busted crank shaft....

Well gents It seems my luck ran out...after a rebuild on my engine and about 500 or so miles the crank snapped in two... right at number three piston.... the rod looks like it got hot (change in color) and the bearing was worn..the crank was scared but i am not sure if that was from after it...
  4. Chazbeam

Tech tips....removing tapers

Hi all...I was in a pinch and did not have any real proper pullers to take off the center link to renew and lube the bushings so i came up with this quick ingenious method to use a C clamp and a socket that fit perfect over the round washer on top...I did this with the engine in and out of the...
  5. Chazbeam

Vizard mod links

HI guys.. It seems some of the vizard mod links are not working... I tried in Chrome and IE and both failed to go to the files linked...the main article seems to download fine but the template link wont work... I know web coding to some extent and sometimes this happens during web changes...
  6. Chazbeam

Simca poissy engine by Georges martin

Hi Rooters I just ran into an article about the simca poissy engines that had been used in the rootes cars... I was wondering what people know about this.. I have always wondered about the design and use of these cool little engines.... The Article came to me on Wikipedia after searching...
  7. Chazbeam

Broken leaf spring

So i am ridding along enjoying myself when i feel this funny little pop then a few seconds latter a jult like i hit a bump but never did...and feel the car sorta leaning to one side slightly... Concerned i pulled off and took a look and it was a busted leaf spring...it seems to have broken...
  8. Chazbeam

Comenting on gallery pictures...

So several attempts to comment on gallery pictures failed...due to the inability to view the security image and enter it..on several computers home and office i was unable to see this image..here is my screen capture of the offending issue..
  9. Chazbeam

testing image load

My conversation with HArtmandm AHH mike i see the little attachment icon that looks like a paqper clip[ and yes that brings me a load page...I guess this was all operator eror.. Thanks so much for your help...
  10. Chazbeam

Rear tail light lenses and or assembly

Series 2 alpine.. I got hit in the rear today...lost a lens the trim and some body damage.. If anyone knows a source please let me know...Very unhappy Chaz Before the mishap
  11. Chazbeam

Got rear ended by a BMW...

So today i get hit and loose a tail light lens's crushed the trim ring and some minor body damage.. My serch on ebay pulled nothing but a top lense.. I am hoping some of you fine people might know where i can get a tail light assembly or some of its parts.... 1962 series 2 :( Chaz
  12. Chazbeam

Your Horror moment...

http://oddballkustoms.com/wp-content/gallery/sunbeam/100_0013-large.jpg
  13. Chazbeam

Front suspension problems series 2

Today i dived into inspecting and taking apart a few things on the front suspension trying to 1 locate a persistent squeak and to figuring out some unusual play issues. I noticed wile driving over bumps one side moved more then the other.. I traced this down to a plethora of things... the A...
  14. Chazbeam

New engine Bearings source advice

Hi All I just got my second set of rod bearings from Victoria British and each time they came loos in a small box and had deep dings in the bearing surfaces.. This second set is a replacement for the first for free after i made a friendly complaint but just as badly damaged. I am going to...
  15. Chazbeam

Lower piston rings question

What is the consensus on The bottom piston ring on an alpine 1592 engine.. i just got some for a rebuild and they have the lower ring... Im guessing i should use them that way...But whats the skinny on this.. Why did manufacturers abandon the idea? the pistons that are coming out now on cars are...
  16. Chazbeam

67? alpine ???? 500 no reseve auction

Ok this is a great buy if its real! but they say its a 67 and it looks to be 61 to 63 to me...??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110823279573 Opinions??? CURSE MY FINANCES!
  17. Chazbeam

Another rebuild question

I recently pulled my engine to change some seals and look at the rings as i had a bad valve situation that had a piece of what i believe the seat fall into the chamber.. what i found was number 3 and 4 piston had broken rings on the top groove...one of the pistons looks like its been that way...
  18. Chazbeam

Windscreen?

Looking for any condition windscreen (besides cracked) just as a temporary replacement (tight budget) until i do a full restore....I know Victoria British has them for a few hundred but im hoping someone will be kind.... I accidentally cracked it by having a piece of metal in my hand and...
  19. Chazbeam

engine balancing?

Hi guys I was wondering if any of you know where there is in California a company that balances the 4 cylinder alpine engine! After i had it apart last time i think i may have put the flywheel on in the wrong position! I had marked it but after a year of working on it i could barely make...
  20. Chazbeam

help! overdrive d type planet gears

Hi guys Well i just ripped my overdrive apart to see what went wrong with her and eek the planet carrier gears are shredded along with the sun wheel. if anyone knows where i can get these parts used even. i would rebuild the carrier if i can even find the gears. I would immensely appreciate...