• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Chazbeam

One Wire Wheel

You still have that wheel??.i'm up in santa monica..i often take a trip to San Clemente so pass by your way. IM rebuilding some from old ones one has bad splines the other bad rim so im making a complete .. but having spares around is always good
  2. Chazbeam

Series 2 Weather stripping / Hardtop to body

Not sure if this will work . not very much detail on what the edge looks like.. https://www.classicsunbeam.com/Hardtop-to-Body-Seal-Alpine-3-5-Tiger-WS113.htm
  3. Chazbeam

Series 2 Weather stripping / Hardtop to body

I'm also looking for a replacement ... I stumbled upon them but didn't have the money at the time and lost the links..i'm going to sift through my links to try and find it again if i can .
  4. Chazbeam

Brake pads for 1962 Alpine?

I only found pads in UK but not rear drums yet,,,so yes i can snap a picture and post it..and thanks for the replay...ill have to pull the rear wheel but it might take a day or so to get to it ..MUCH appreciated!!
  5. Chazbeam

Update..OK found some in the UK...yeah!!!!
  6. Chazbeam

OK so i have this ongoing saga with my Pads and drum brakes where every time i order them from some supply house using the model year of my Alpine (1962 series 2) i get these shoes and pads that don't resemble anything i have and do not fit.....?????? I have searched online with barely anything...
  7. Chazbeam

Long Away but still kicking!! hope all are well!

Long Away but still kicking!! hope all are well!
  8. Chazbeam

New-Old Gauge Setups

Hay guys have not been on in a while and seems that thread is lost at least the links not working. and thanks TOM for the mention... Yeah those are the specs..i even had drawings and resistor readings oh well, but Toms description above is accurate to what we fond out. Actually what i'm doing...
  9. Sunbeam with hard top

Sunbeam with hard top

No matter what angle you photograph them the lines on these cars are beautiful...
  10. Series 2 outside a vintage gas station.

Series 2 outside a vintage gas station.

Chazbeams 1962 series 2 outside of a vintage preserved gas station now a hot dog stand in Pasadena California..great DOGS..they kept so much original with glass soda bottles you return to a rack like old style coke bottles...
  11. Rear view series two

Rear view series two

What you truckers see...love the dash pic
  12. Chazbeam

New-Old Gauge Setups

yeah i thought of trying to do that but I'm inclined to stay as original as possible. i don't mind the quarks. Good luck with your plan..hope it works out well..
  13. Chazbeam

New-Old Gauge Setups

Thanks for the mention tom Yeah i have not revisited this issue in a while..my gauges still are off from the sender and i could never find another one that had the right spec's so i just use it as is for now but would love to find the right part number for the right sender for the series 1 &...
  14. Chazbeam

Pinion oil seal sizes?

pinion or hub seals confusion... HI guys just wanted to inject....I purchased the pinion seal from Napa and the number is equivalent to these Payen NA479 Chrysler 5220439 GM 6751061 The Timkin 470190 seems to come out to be the hub seals not pinion... Just thought this should be...
  15. Chazbeam

1962 Alpine - Pulling Drive Train

NO i just gnash it out with my teeth....LOL Yeah an engine hoist! i was not bragging i have gotten it down to that long from repetition... Chaz
  16. Chazbeam

1962 Alpine - Pulling Drive Train

4 hour engine pull with standard tools I can pull my engine in 4 hours with just the tools i carry in my trunk in a small bag, pretty much standard tools is all you need..That's the beauty of a classic like these.... As beamdream says...socket set and extensions and a full set of wrenches and...
  17. Chazbeam

Rear End Springs

new mains SO here is a picture of my new main leafs, they are slightly thicker, i did not measure them yet but its not by much,, I don't think ill notice much difference in ride. I paid around 75 dollars a piece for them, made by atlas spring in southern California, great bunch of guys..they...
  18. Chazbeam

Vintage sunbeam winners!

HAHA....Oh well...yeah i read someplace it was rated 29 off the lot...funny...thanks
  19. Chazbeam

Vintage sunbeam winners!

A little sunbeam pride to add to the great tradition of racing for inspiration... Anyone have things to add? http://www.grandprixhistory.org/sunbeam.htm
  20. Chazbeam

Rear End Springs

Having springs made. I'm in the process of having springs made to the exact specs of the older series 2 by a local spring manufacturer after having broken springs and finding only used replacments I'm not happy with. I'm going to possibly have these made in quantity if I get any feedback for...