• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Last fall I began noticing smoke out the driver side tail pipe. Since its a 10 year old rebuild I suspected worn rings but did nothing about it other than parking iy. Recently I pulled the driver side head, had it gone through and declared it was crack free. I have just gotten it back together...
  2. bulldurham

Weber 32/36

What is the common wisdom, if any, regarding setting the air/fuel mixture on the 32/36 carb. Seems I read something about 2 1/2 turns out as a good starting place..
  3. bulldurham

Early Series OD Switch Nut

In need of a panel/dress nut for the early series OD switch. This would be the final , outside nut locking the switch to the surround. Appreciate any help.
  4. bulldurham

Series II Ebrake assembly,

Series II ebrake assembly minus the handle/ratchet part, In very good condition. $100.00 plus shipping.
  5. bulldurham

Invasion and parts Room

I will be bringing a load of parts to the Invasion as they are no longer a necessary part of the things I need. Parts included are a nice sq.cornered hood, L and R Series II front fenders cut back 20", L and R rear fenders cut back about 24 inches, Series II steering shaft/box Series II lid...
  6. bulldurham

Series III hood badge

Looking for a Series III hood badge in " good " condition, no broken pins. Might be willing to swap a very good to excellent Series II for one in same condition.
  7. bulldurham

Bolt on wire wheels

I have an opportunity to buy a nice set of 14'' bolt on wire wheels, 4 x 108. What are the significant numbers I need to look for to be sure they will be ok for an Alpine? Thanks
  8. bulldurham

1725 and Series I/II OD trans

Rebuilt Series V /1725 engine and Series I/II OD trans for sale. Reasonable offers/trades entertained. Thank you
  9. bulldurham

newly rebuilt 1725 / non syncro overdrive

Selling a newly rebuilt 1725 w/ .030 overbore { had a set of nos pistons/wrist pins }. Everything else is stock specs. Also selling a nonsyncro O/D trans { 62 }. Replaced all the seals, sunwheel and C-clip on the sunwheel that had twisted and chipped the channel for the clip. Splines are...
  10. bulldurham

D type Laycock O/D

Anyone know the number of teeth on the Alpine D type O/D speedometer pinion ?
  11. bulldurham

Series III ebrake cable

Looking for a Series III ebrake cable. Ideally will have the stops on both ends.
  12. bulldurham

Series III ebrake cable

Anyone have a Series III ebrake cable they will sell? I have a Series II setup I will sell or trade.
  13. bulldurham

pistons

I have a set of .030 over pistons w/ 4 grooves. Thinking they may be early, Series I-II. Anyone know for sure??
  14. bulldurham

1725 rod bearing set

Need 1725 standard rod bearing set .. seems to be lots of oversized available.
  15. bulldurham

Crank shaft journal dimensions- 1725

Searched the online series 5 wsm for specs on the 1725 crank journal dimensions. Seems not to be included. are they the same as for the 1594 crank?
  16. bulldurham

1725 rebuild

Having a 1725 bored .30 over. The machine shop ask me if I knew the cle arance for the piston to cylinder wall for the engine. Having never needed that figure before I looked at the shop manual but no luck there as a specific number. Anyone have a clue? It would seem a .30 over bore would find a...
  17. bulldurham

2.8 v6

For what it is worth, saw a 2.8 w/ c4 for sale in Ft.Myers , Fla., on Craigslist. $ 100.00 bucks.
  18. bulldurham

D type OD unit

Looking for a sunwheel and retaining ring from the Alpine D type OD unit> The ring in mine gave way and damaged the slot it fits into. Don't think a new ring would ever stay in place again. Any help or directions to help appreciated.
  19. bulldurham

Alpine cylinder head

Does anyone know the factory depth of the guide on the cylinder head? I am looking at one and the depth appears to be about 1.5 mm.
  20. bulldurham

Registry

How do I access the registry?