• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Jeb Stuart

Distributor install

I have found all the parts I need to replace those lost by UPS. Knuckleheads. Anyway I now need to install. Would someone please post simple instruction or a link to simple instructions. I would say I am terrible mechanic but that would be an insult to terrible mechanics everywhere. Thanks
  2. Jeb Stuart

Distributor and drive dog

I sent my distributor off to be rebuilt. UPS lost it. In a bad way. So can anyone give me info or a picture of the tach drive at the bottom of the distributor? I need to find another and need to know what I am looking for. Thanks
  3. Jeb Stuart

Distributor

Looking for a 25.D.4 distributor for a s3 alpine w the drive dog. I sent mine UPS to be rebuilt and UPS lost it. In a bad way. Thanks, Chris
  4. Jeb Stuart

Weber manifold and stock headers

My sIV manifold is thicker than the stock s3 headers on the top outer most screws. Using a short bolt secures the manifold but not the headers. Using the long bolts from the stock s3 setup has the bolts a little at an angle. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.
  5. Jeb Stuart

Miss fire

Not firing on 1 & 2. Compression is 150 and 145. Tested the spark w an in-line spark checker and both have juice. Checked the plug gap. Spark plugs are new. Where from here? Thanks
  6. Jeb Stuart

generator bracket

Need the top generator bracket the generator slides on for a S3 - but they're probably all the same thru to the alternator switch. My cracked. Welded it - cracked again. Hoping w/ all the conversion to alternators one is out there. Thanks
  7. Jeb Stuart

generator light on (most of the time)

Generator light on when I start the car. Will go out if I rev it up high while driving. It'll stay out until i start it again. Where to start? Just pull the generator and replace the brushes and go from there? Thanks again
  8. Jeb Stuart

Try questions again

never happened before but my thread was moved Does anyone have experience w/ the Weber 38 on a stock 1600 motor? Does anyone know where to order body panel parts for an early alpine? Thanks again!
  9. Jeb Stuart

Weber question

Hopefully correct forum. Motor is stock. I’ve asked this before. Anyone running a 38 outlaw carb? I like my 32/36 but find myself nailing it constantly to get the second barrel (which doesn’t open until the very end). Tried sync-link. Never got the 38, I bought on eBay years ago, to idle...
  10. Jeb Stuart

Valance S3?

where could I get a front valance for a ‘63 S3? Thanks once again
  11. Jeb Stuart

alternator coversion ad

Would this work? Pricey but am tried of the generator. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Positive-Earth-Dynamator-Alternator-Dynamo-Conversion-Fits-SUNBEAM-ALPINE-RAPIER/152551592518
  12. Jeb Stuart

Rebuild hardtop

Re-doing a rust free S3-5 hardtop my brother found on Craigslist and gave me. Got the parts from sunbeam specialties. The back corner pads are bigger than the old rotted ones I took off. Actually looks like a better design. The new ones cover the little 3" rail that makes the turn from side to...
  13. Jeb Stuart

S3 on Peachtree

Saw what looked like a S3 with a wire wheels a vinyl hardtop on a flatbed tow truck on Peachtree in Buckhead - ATL. Looked sweet Anyone's?
  14. Jeb Stuart

mystery & vague clues

I removed the 38 weber and put my 32/36 carb back on. Started her up and there was a metal sound like the fan was hitting something. Turned her off and checked around the fan - nothing. Started her back up and same as above sound that seemed to come from the fan. Checked again but this...
  15. Jeb Stuart

crankshaft pulley and timing chain

Best way to remove timing chain cover? An easy way to peek at the timing chain w/o removing cover? Thanks once again
  16. Jeb Stuart

crank shaft pulley bolt socket size

What size socket is needed to remove a crankshaft pulley on a S3? Thanks again
  17. Jeb Stuart

front license bracker rubber

Looking for a source for the two rubber pieces that go between the little brackets that attach to the valence and the long horizontal piece the license tag attaches to. Thanks for any info or ideas you all may have.
  18. Jeb Stuart

rotors and drums and suspension

Any sources for new rotors and drums? Have a S3 so I am guessing wilwood's front conversion won't fit. Also the best source for suspension parts. Thanks. This website has the best advice. Jeb
  19. Jeb Stuart

Iphone bracket

I know this is not stock - but has anyone found a clip bracket that will hold an Iphone in an Alpine. Don't to want to make any holes - the Alpine will still be around long after the Iphone is forgotten. Just one that will clip on somewhere visible. Thanks
  20. Jeb Stuart

body part names in English English

Car body parts, that is. Planning on getting the old car painted and need to get a few pieces. Is there something somewhere that translates American English terminology into English English - or visa versa? Not sure about Canadian and ANZAC English but I am guessing it would be good to know...