• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Mark T

Turn Signal and Coil Issues

While I was getting a few more miles on the car yesterday morning I noticed that the dash indicator wasn't flashing when I put my right turn signal on. It works fine when I turn left. When I got home I turned the ignition on to check to see if the lights were actually flashing or not and they...
  2. Mark T

E-mail Notification

I used to get instant e-mail notification if anyone replied to a thread that I had started or posted to, but that doesn't happen any more. I checked in CP Options under the Default Thread Subscription Mode and I do have it set for Instant E-mail Notification. Any ideas? Thanks!
  3. Mark T

Antenna Ideas

Got Sunny back on the road on Saturday after 4 1/2 months of repairs and now it's time to... put her away for the winter! :mad: Gotta love living in the Great White North! At least it gives me time to work on some of the miscellaneous repairs that I was hoping to do this summer. One of the...
  4. Mark T

A Murphy's Law Story... with a Sunny Ending!

When I bought Sunny this spring I was disappointed in the performance that I was getting out of the V6 and C4 automatic tranny. My plan was to drive her for a couple of years and then look at putting a T5 standard tranny in her. Unfortunately she had other ideas and her rebuilt engine with...
  5. Mark T

Cobra in a Barn Book

If anyone is looking for this book at a great price I just bought a brand new one on eBay for $12.49 and the seller has one left. It's item # 130153792793. Delivery was quick and the book is in perfect condition. (I have no affiliation with the seller but I know that there was some interest...
  6. Mark T

Alloy Rocker Covers on eBay

Has anyone ever used these covers and if so are there any issues with them? Thanks! http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110176416505&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001
  7. Mark T

2.8 Intake on eBay

There's an Offy intake for the 2.8 V6 for sale on eBay. It's item # 230173960379. Even comes with the installation kit!
  8. Mark T

T5 Fluid

Ready to put the T5 in Sunny on Monday night and need to buy ATF fluid to put in it. I'm wondering if I should use synthetic fluid or if it's worth the extra cost. Has anyone used synthetic fluid and if so what was your experience? Thanks!
  9. Mark T

90 Degree Oil Filter Adapter

I'm trying to find a 90 degree oil filter adapter for my '78 Mustang II 2.8 engine. I thought that I had found it at Summit (Ford Racing Part # M-6880-A50) but when I checked their application list the '74-'78 Mustang II wasn't listed. Does anybody know what the part number is for the one that...
  10. Mark T

Air Breather for Holley 390

Hi! Looking for some ideas for an air breather now that I'm going to the Holley 4 barrel. Sunny has a chromed alternator and I'm hoping to eventually chrome the valve covers so would like something in chrome. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  11. Mark T

Members in Ontario or Upstate New York

I received a message from Eddie (AlpineII) today informing me that he is just a couple of hours away from me in Ottawa, Ontario. It was great to find out that there is another member of the club in Ontario besides Andrew Masse and myself. I'm really looking forward to meeting Eddie and sharing...
  12. Mark T

Last Piece of the Puzzle???

I think that I have most of the pieces that I need to switch the C4 automatic for a T5 tranny. Thanks to Andrew I have the clutch pedal but I need everything that goes between it and the Wilwood slave cylinder. I know that I need a master cylinder, but I'm not sure what to ask for when I call...
  13. Mark T

Crank Pulley / Harmonic Balancer Weight

Hi! The crank pulley / harmonic balancer that was on my 2.8 when I bought the car was cracked so I bought another one (Thanks Sam!). The original one weighed 4.5 lbs but the new one weighs almost 8 lbs. Does it make any difference? I could lighten it by having the outside groove machined...
  14. Mark T

Harmonic Balancer For 2.8 V6

Hi! The harmonic balancer on my '78 Mustang II 2.8 V6 has a crack in it. Does anyone know where I can buy a new one? Thanks!
  15. Mark T

Pilot Bearing for 2.8 with T5

Hi! I'm mating a T5 tranny from a '98 Mustang 3.8 V6 to my '78 Mustang II 2.8 V6. Do I buy a pilot bearing for the 2.8 or for the 3.8 (or are they the same bearing)?:confused: Thanks!
  16. Mark T

Pro 5.0 Shifter

Having a hard time finding a Pro 5.0 shifter for my T5. Jegs doesn't have any in stock and I need one quickly so the car will be ready for Invasion. Does anyone know who might have one in stock? Thanks!
  17. Mark T

Engine Rebuild & Tranny Switch

I'm rebuilding the 2.8 V6 and changing the C4 automatic to a T5 in Sunny so that she'll get me to Tipp City on time. I'm getting ready to order the parts I need and want to make sure that I haven't overlooked anything. Here's what new and used parts I think I'll need. For engine rebuild...
  18. Mark T

Installing a T5 in my SIV V6

I have to rebuild the engine in my 1964 SIV V6 so might as well change the tranny to a T5 while I'm at it. I need the '74-'78 Mustang II bellhousing, flywheel and the driveshaft from a '83-'86 T-Bird 3.8 V6 Automatic. I have a line on a T5 transmission locally (from a '97 Mustang V6 with...
  19. Mark T

Sourcing a T5

The best laid plans.... The plan was to enjoy the new car ('64 Alpine with 2.8 and C4 automatic) this summer, drive the 1200 mile round trip to Invasion and maybe look at installing a T5 this winter. Unfortunately the V6 has developed a 'death rattle' :mad: so it's engine rebuild time...
  20. Mark T

Nice Series V on eBay

This looks like a nice car. (I've tried to attach a link but if it doesn't work the car is item #150127997009) http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150127997009&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:CA:11