• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Mark T

V6 aniversary

Happy belated birthday Jose!!!! And I hope that you have many more happy, healthy birthdays! I'm sorry that it's sooo belated but I haven't been on the Forum for awhile as we bought a new house and have been trying to sell our existing house and our cottage so that we wouldn't have to carry 3...
  2. Mark T

small Dark Side showing

Hi Andrew! Sunny made it home fine. She actually got 23 mpg (US) averaging 65 mph from Tipp City to Detroit. Of course once I got back into Canada and started running 75 mph it dropped to just over 20 mpg. She still isn't running like I would like her to and acceleration is an issue, but I...
  3. Mark T

Sad News To Report - Ralph Selfridge

My condolences to you and your family Shannon! I have great memories of your dad from last year's Invasion and missed having you both there this year. Your dad was a genuinely nice man!
  4. Mark T

I made it!

Glad to hear that you had a good trip home Bev. It was great meeting you. I know that your son is interested in a V6 Alpine so if you're ever in the Thousand Islands area please drop me a line and I'll let him take Sunny for a spin. Cheers!
  5. Mark T

Day 1

I completely agree Scott! Unfortunately I didn't get to spend any time looking at the cars in the car show yesterday because I was working on Sunny all day but I don't feel short changed at all because I spent so much time with such a great bunch of people over the last few days. As...
  6. Mark T

Day 1

I would like to reiterate Dennis's comments: Invasion VIII was AWESOME. Everyone involved in organizing this event should be very proud of their achievement; it could not have run smoother. I would like to thank everyone who helped with Sunny's "repairs" today (even President Scott for...
  7. Mark T

Miata Seats for Alpine

Hi Mike! I would like to see those pictures too. Thanks! Mark
  8. Mark T

New Photo Caption Contest - Winner Receives Free Invasion Registration!

She's thinking "Why would I be interested in an ad for a 2.8 V6 engine?"
  9. Mark T

Ford Rear Diff Modification

Hi Dwain! I have the Ford 7 1/2" rear end so I can't help you with most of your questions. I can tell you that when I did the rebuild this summer I put 4:10 gears in with the new T5 and for the little amount of time that I got to drive the car before the salt hit our roads they worked great!
  10. Mark T

Calling all smart guys

Hi Joe! I have Classic Instruments Hot Rod Series 3 3\8" speedo and tach in my car and they look great. I'm not sure if they required any dash modification as the guages were in the car when I bought it this spring, but I suspect that they fit into the original holes.
  11. Mark T

Turn Signal and Coil Issues

Possibly... but I think it is because Nick willed it to be the flasher! :D:D
  12. Mark T

I guess the bottom line is that there is no rhyme nor reason when it comes to the 'Prince of Darkness'!
  13. Mark T

Decided to put in a new flasher before I started tearing apart light fixtures. I know... it can't be the flasher as it's upstream from the switch and I've already proved that upstream is OK when I switched the wires downstream of the switch and the same lights wouldn't work. Guess what...
  14. Mark T

OK... got my priotities in order and crawled under the dash. When I switched the wires the same lights didn't work (passenger side). This means that the switch is OK but something downstream on the passenger signals is the issue. The funny this is that the first time that I turn on the right...
  15. Mark T

Thanks for all of the suggestions! If I get a chance to look at it today I'll start by switching the wires to see if it's the switch. Unfortunately I have 6 tests and 1 exam to write in the next 6 days so I really should be studying. :( (I know... I should get my priorities straight and crawl...
  16. Mark T

Thanks Guys! Signal Issue: Just to be clear, everything works fine when I signal left, but when I push the lever up to turn right I sometimes get a very short flash of the lights (both signal lights and the dash indicator), probably about every 5 or 10 times that I push the lever up. This...
  17. Mark T

While I was getting a few more miles on the car yesterday morning I noticed that the dash indicator wasn't flashing when I put my right turn signal on. It works fine when I turn left. When I got home I turned the ignition on to check to see if the lights were actually flashing or not and they...
  18. Mark T

A Murphy's Law Story... with a Sunny Ending!

Perfect! It's even close by. Now if I can find a good set of wheel weights I'll be all set!
  19. Mark T

E-mail Notification

It's working fine now. Thanks again Ian!!!
  20. Mark T

E-mail Notification

Thanks Ian!