• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Slainte

Looking for a boot Luggage Rack.

There are a couple of generic bolt-ons on Amazon. You might try a search for one that would fit a Miata, then adjust as needed. There's an outfit called Classic Accessories that claims to carry one for Sunbeams. I know nothing about the company, and the rack would set you back $429. Just...
  2. Slainte

Mufffler preference for V6

I tried some generic glass packs many years ago. Installed backwards, they didn't last long and required hearing protection. Currently, I'm using a pair of AP Xlerator turbos. At idle, they sound great, but I don't care for the snarl during acceleration. However, at speed with the top down...
  3. Slainte

Series V Cologne conversion

Here's a shot of the air cleaner box, and of the cleaner's application in my less-beautiful-than-your engine bay. It's very cozy, but it does fit. It's been a few years since I installed this unit, so it just occurred to me; I cut the mounting collar down by about 1/4", I think. Yeah, it's that...
  4. Slainte

Series V Cologne conversion

That's a beautiul engine. I have the same setup, and the only solution I've found is the triangular Edelbrock unit. I understand it may not be the best cleaner, but it fits. Let me know if you need the stock number, as I think I still have the box somewhere.
  5. Slainte

Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

Ouch! Use your recuperation time to plan that shop. Heal quickly.
  6. Slainte

Happy 60th B-Day to my Sunbeam

Congratulations!
  7. Slainte

What Jay Leno said

Great article. Thanks for sharing.
  8. Slainte

v6 conversion tranny question

I used a Tremec T5, and switched the 3.89 to a 4.22. This brought back first gear, and I haven't noticed any loss at top end. Current speeds at 3k: 14; 23; 33; 44; 70, checked with a GPS speedo. Before this configuration, I had a worn T5 from an '84 turbo Tbird, and the stock SV rear end. First...
  9. Slainte

Want to call Jose Rodrigeuz

Hi, Bob. I'll PM you with Jose's number. I talked to him a few days ago, and he seems to be doing pretty well. Ryan
  10. Slainte

SV V6 Restoration

Thanks, Andy. Looks like a pretty straight-forward process. A good winter garage project.
  11. Slainte

SV V6 Restoration

Hi, Andy. What year Miata seats will you use? This project has been on my list for years, and as I'm down with a broken ankle, now seems a good time to compile the necessary bits. Thanks in advance. Ryan
  12. Slainte

2022 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Great story and photos, and a great-looking car to boot! Well done.
  13. Slainte

Series I Horn Emblem

I've done the same thing. Touch up the dark paint and it'll look like new. Sort of.
  14. Slainte

Hydro strip

If you get a chance, check out elitebodyshopstv on Instagram. Their most recent post shows a late series Alpine or Tiger getting blasted. Is this an common technique for stripping paint? I have a sudden urge to crank up my garden hose.
  15. Slainte

Soft too problem help

Any chance the heavy rubber weather strip that seals the top to the windshield is missing or damaged? Mine used to fall off once in a while.
  16. Slainte

1971-2021, Fifty Years of Ownership

Great looking car, Brent, and congratulations on sticking with it. You're just ahead of me. I got my SV in '72, so we'll celebrate fifty years next year.
  17. Slainte

Now I'm in for it.

I'm headed to paint pretty soon. I was going to stick with Arctic White, but I gotta' say, this is pretty tempting. Nice job.
  18. Slainte

Water temp at 210?

Mine seems to sit right around 200. Idling for a while can take it to 210, but it drifts back down when the car starts to move.