• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. alpine1963

East Coast Invasion Proposal

Hello Sunbeamers, This year will be the 11th year that Eric Gibeaut and I have put on a Sunbeam event along with our local car show. About five years ago we had an Invasion at this outing and fielded 52 Sunbeams. The dates for this year's show is March 23, 24 and 25th of 2018. This...
  2. alpine1963

Selling my 1963 Series 3 GT

Hello Sunbeamers, I have decided to sell my yellow Series 3 GT. This car was a five year restoration and turned out beautiful. Everything on it was touched except the rear axle. All new chrome, polished stainless, hard to find items on this car, painted primrose yellow (a very light...
  3. alpine1963

Series 3 or Series II?

This looks like a blend of a Series 3 and a Series II. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/232082294516?item=232082294516&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true
  4. alpine1963

Sunbeam Tiger On Over Hauling

This is a re-run but if you can get the Velocity channel they are about to re-air the restoration of a Sunbeam Tiger.
  5. alpine1963

United Car Show

What a great event! Close to 100 Sunbeams with a couple of rare Rootes cars hanging out with us. Kudo's to Bob and Jean Webb, Eric Gibeaut, Mike Phillips and all of the volunteers that made this happen. Like the announcer for the car show stated "You have made our show great this year!" I...
  6. alpine1963

Proud of the photo shoot

The photo shoot with L.L. Bean magazine a few months ago was cool. The cars did not make the spring edition of the magazine but, they are being shown on their web site. Each month it appears they change the site to different pictures. This is the second month and second picture that has been...
  7. alpine1963

Columbia, South Carolina 8th Annual SOS

The dates for the eighth annual Sunbeam S.O.S. in Columbia have been set. Once again we are having our event to tie in with our local British Car Club's event which ties the car show into the Scottish Games Festival. The dates are for the weekend of March 27th, 28th and 29th. This year’s...
  8. alpine1963

Some fun news to report

I have been contacted by a marketing agency to do a photo shoot of my two Alpines. When I found out who the photo shoot was for I was thrilled and they said they would even pay me to use the cars! Watch out for the spring issues of LL BEAN catalogs, you may see a couple of Alpines in there...
  9. alpine1963

1966 Series V for sale

I have a 1966 Series V that I am going to let go. This car could be a fun daily driver if you can finish a few things off. If you want the Series V parts car that I have I will throw it in too. I cannot seem to get this car to run on all 4 cylinders all the time. I think it is a problem...
  10. alpine1963

Interesting car?

Did they ever make a Series II with some Series 3 stuff like a Series 3 trunk and fins? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Alpine-1962-sunbeam-alpine-roadster-four-speed-/321412502020?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4ad5ad9204&item=321412502020&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
  11. alpine1963

Two for the price of one??

This just showed up on Craigslist on 5/20/14. Not a bad deal. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4479255341.html
  12. alpine1963

Sunbeam Featured Marque

OK Guys and gals, This show is on the 24th and we, yes we are the featured marque! Let's show up in big numbers and show all of the organizers that when they give us the honor of being the featured marque that we appreciate it and will give them 100% support. Who is up for going to dinner...
  13. alpine1963

Membership Roster??

I realize that this is a free site and we are not "members" and make voluntary donations to keep the club / site up and running. But, I was thinking it would be nice to have access to names etc. like a roster. If we had a tab that had a roster that you voluntary put what information on it...
  14. alpine1963

The Gathering (Dobson NC)

This weekend is The Gathering in Dobson , N.C. Possibly the nicest car show on the east coast. Over 350 beautiful British cars in a beautiful setting at Shelton Vineyards. This year is the first year that the organizers have put the Sunbeam marque on the registration form. I know of four...
  15. alpine1963

Show in Columbia

Let's get ready!!!!!! 2014 Sunbeam Gathering This is our 8th year of getting together in Columbia, SC. This year's date is April 4th, 5th and 6th. All Sunbeam makes and models are welcome! Host Motel is The Wingate , 108 Saluda Pointe Ct., Lexington , S.C. 29072 1-803-957-5000 When...
  16. alpine1963

Two Magazines this month

This month's Classic Motorsports has a good article on the comparison of the V8 Miata vs. the Sunbeam Tiger. This month's Hemmings Sports & Exotic Magazine has a good article on Andy Rooney's Tiger's restoration. Cheers,
  17. alpine1963

SOS in Columbia South Carolina

Eric and I have enjoyed bringing the Sunbeams together for the last eight years in our local S.O.S. Please start making your plans now for the S.O.S. in Columbia, South Carolina next year. The date is April 5th, 2014 and will be in conjunction with Tartan Day South like the last two years...
  18. alpine1963

Rear end Series II to a Series 3

Hey guys and gals, I am stripping down a Series II and was about to take off the differential to use on a Series 3 when I looked at the parts book and they are different parts numbers. They are both 3:89 ratio rear ends. Any thought if they are interchangeable? Cheers
  19. alpine1963

It's a great day!

It's a great day when you can put the top down and drive to work.
  20. alpine1963

North Carolina Series 3

Does anyone know this car?? Bad pictures, but the car seems to be not too bad. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3966607012.html