• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. cdk84

Where is Production and Color Code Information available?

Does any one know whether this information is still available on this site? If so, and particularly if not, where may I look for Serial Numbers and Color Code information. Thanks Everyone. Regards, David
  2. cdk84

Tiger Steel Hood maker

Some time back, I learned there is a man, perhaps on the West Coast or west of the Mississippi (?), who will make a steel version of the LAT fiberglass hood / bonnet if ordered in advance. Does this strike any chords with anyone? Do you know if he is still doing this work? Thanks in advance...
  3. cdk84

Best Matching Silver Paint for Wire Wheels or just buy new wheels?

Anyone have good success matching the original silver paint from Rootes wire wheels with a modern product, in terms of gloss, luster, size of metallic inclusions and overall 'feel'? I would be most interested to learn your experience. I'm thinking to bead blast and refinish an original set of...
  4. cdk84

Series 2 Undercoating Question

Hi Everyone, To anyone who owns, or is familiar with an unrestored Series 2 Alpine, What portion of the undercarriage is undercoated? Is there any part of the downward facing unibody that left the factory uncoated? If so, was it painted body color? If you have photos that show an unrestored...
  5. cdk84

Engine Bay fastener Questions

Hi All, I have a Series 2 Alpine and want to restore the engine bay to original appearance. Does anyone have photos of a car known not to have been restored? Need to learn which bolts were painted and which were left untreated metal. I believe hinge attaching bolts and bolts holding the...
  6. cdk84

Harrington bespoke luggage

I posted this in the Parts Wanted section as well. Wondering if anyone has ever seen, photographed or knows about the luggage that Thomas Harrington, Ltd offered for the Harrington cars they produced for the Rootes Group. I'm most interested to learn about this rare option that may have...
  7. cdk84

Harrington bespoke luggage

Wondering if anyone has ever seen, photographed or knows about the luggage that Thomas Harrington, Ltd offered for the Harrington cars they produced for the Rootes Group. I'm most interested to learn about this rare option that may have existed. I've asked some people who are knowledgeable...
  8. cdk84

GOOSENECK WEBER MANIFOLD NEEDED

Hello All, I need a gooseneck intake manifold for my Alpine engine, the one designed to clear the brake master cylinder in a LHD Alpine. Have several of the straight ones (if you need one and have the gooseneck version, we could swap, with some cash coming your way) but those won't work on this...
  9. cdk84

What Size Wheels and Tires?

What is the largest size 13, 14 or 15" wheel and tire combination that fits the Alpine without serious modification of the wheel well? And what offset will provide this fitment? I would also be willing to roll the lips of the wheel wells to accommodate a wider than stock tire, I want want to...
  10. cdk84

Happy Christmas, you lot!

Hello One and All, Thought to send out a hearty Happy Christmas to all those who celebrate this season. And to any for whom the shift from dark to longer days will mean more Sunbeam seat time. May you feel connection, joy, peace and gratitude. Very Best, David
  11. cdk84

Paul Scofield

Hello All, Does anyone know what caused Paul Scofield's death? and if there's anyone to be contacted in his family? I want to say how much I enjoyed Paul's integrity in investigating what made Tigers tick, and the pleasure he took in sharing his learning. He was a great guy and a tremendous...
  12. cdk84

RHD components available?

I'm looking for a set of RHD components for a steering conversion. Does anyone know of a set or an affordable parts car? Thanks very much in advance for any information you can provide. Best, David
  13. cdk84

RHD components available?

I'm looking for a set of RHD components for a steering conversion. Does anyone know of a set or an affordable parts car? Thanks very much in advance for any information you can provide. Best, David
  14. cdk84

EXHAUST Alpine System WANTED

I need an exhaust system, from the header back, in very good, rust free condition. Would prefer stainless. Please contact David 78 one 4 two 4 9 two 54 Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide. Does anyone have experience with Rick / Sunbeam Specialties' SS system...
  15. cdk84

EXHAUST for Alpine WANTED

I want an exhaust system, from the header back, in very good, rust free condition. Would prefer stainless. Please contact David 78 one 4 two 4 9 two 54 Thanks very much.
  16. cdk84

Hotel Room at Atlanta Sunbeam Meet Sep 8-12

Space no longer available, thank you.
  17. cdk84

Martha Wheat contact information

Would someone please forward a telephone number or email address for Martha Wheat? The number I have is out of date. Thanks very much in advance, David
  18. cdk84

Driver's Side Dovetail

Hi, I need a driver's side door catch, often called a dovetail. Does anyone have one in really good condition? I would appreciate any help possible with this. Thank you, and Happy Holiday Season: Christmas, Chanuka, Solstice, your favorite choice. Best Wishes, David
  19. cdk84

Scott Woerth contact information

Hi All, The 2009 Sunbeam Club roster shows a number for former Sunbeam restorer Scott Woerth that no longer works. Does anyone have his contact information? Has he moved? I'm looking to ask Scott about a particular procedure on Sunbeam restoration. Thanks in advance for any help you...
  20. cdk84

Robbins tops/ hoods OPINIONS?

Anyone have a suggestion for a top that might be superior to the Robbins products? Is there a difference in fit between the canvas and vinyl versions in quality, fit, appearance? What about wear? Does the canvas last as long, or longer than, the vinyl (and justify roughly twice the cost?)...