• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Front Left Caliper not releasing completely

Just came in from retesting and the issue is back. The problem is when pushing on the brake a few times, then trying to to turn wheel. The wheel has tension due to pads not releasing completely. When I turn the fitting out of the front master cylinder slightly. The tension goes away, and the...
  2. D

Well, I'm an idiot. Should have done this in first place. I'm pretty sure the issue with the sticking front brake was due to me connecting the front brake to the smaller reservoir and the back brake to the larger reservoir. I found this by pumping the brake several times then checking the drag...
  3. D

Yesterday I ordered a new brake line from Sumbeam Sperialities. I'll put it on this weekend and try driving it again. I'll let you know the outcome. Yes over time the pad releases and wheel turns normally.
  4. D

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't tried opening the bleed screw yet when the wheel has tension on it. I do know that after the car cools down the tire is easier to turn and back to it's normal tension.
  5. D

I am having an issue with my left front caliper not releasing completely when driven a few miles. I have rebuilt the caliper with stainless steel pistons and new seals from Sunbeam Specialties. When I first reattach the caliper, then spin the tire by hand, the wheel has a little grab, but...
  6. D

Series V Caliper Replacement

I did a search for calipers and found that the TR3 calipers from Moss, part number 180-568, might fit. They are in stock, and a pair sells for about $160.00. My question is, are they a bolt on replacement with no modifications? Here is the link to Moss catalog page that has these calipers...
  7. D

Series V Brake Calipers Replacement

I have a series V Alpine V6 and was interested in if there are replacement calipers I can purchase for the front brakes? I saw on earlier posts a TR3 caliber will work, and Moss has calipers, but the price is around $250.00! Does anyone know of an alternative? The Alpine calipers are real hard...
  8. D

Radiator Elect Fans

I have 2, 10 inch electric fans mounted to a fan shouding. They are the straight blade puller 12 vdc at 80 watts. I was woundering what fans other V6 owners used for cooling.
  9. D

Water temp at 210?

I do not have a heater or the hoses in my car. The only hose high enough is the top radiator hose.
  10. D

Electric Water Pump

Just woundering if anyone has installed an electric water pump on the Ford 2.8 V6? Not sure if it can be done due to the lower water pump hose and radiador lower outlet being so close, but maybe there is a way.
  11. D

Water temp at 210?

Thanks for the response. That's what I thought about the stat. I have not seen if there is movement in the water after warm up. I will try that. I read on some other post on a Ford 2.8 V6 forum the pulley idea sounds promising. It seems if I have a 7 inch pulley replace with a 6 0r 5 inch...
  12. D

Water temp at 210?

The thermostat reading is 220 when I turned the engine off due to rising water temp. I am certain my temp gauge is reading correctly. Also checked the instrument voltage regulator and it is reading with in specs. Thanks for the reply. My thermostat is a 180 Deg stat. Maybe I need to lower this...
  13. D

Water temp at 210?

I was looking at the aluminum Griffin radiators that they can make a radiator for me. So if I sent my radiator to them and had them make be a radiator from aluminum that would give max cooling this might solve my problem. Or is this a bad idea? Has anyone done this before? Any ideas. My radiator...
  14. D

Water temp at 210?

I was looking at the Griffin and
  15. D

Water temp at 210?

I adjusted the carb and Set timing to 12deg and took the car for a spin after about 25 minutes of neighborhood driving at under 30 mph the temp ruse to 220. I took it home and let it cool down. Same problem. I
  16. D

Water temp at 210?

I have 2 puller fans mounted on engine side of radiator with shrouding. Radiator has been rebuilt. The fins zig-zag vertically and I think I have 12-13 fins per inch.
  17. D

Water temp at 210?

Yep, temp gauge is a new VDO gauge and sensor verified using hot water and digital thermometer. Both read the same..
  18. D

Water temp at 210?

I just finished my V6 project and trying to get the temp down. It runs about 210 in normal traffic light driving. Is this normal for these engines? My engine is using Joes specs for the cam, and heads. I just put the blanking plates in each side of the radiator. That seemed to help over Cap, and...
  19. D

V6 Motor Mounts

20. D

V6 Motor Mounts

The dominions you gave me 2.125 diameter x .625 thick it that for the 1955