• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. V6 Mark

V6 Jose's Hotmail Hacked?

Hi Jose I just received a very suspicious looking email entitled `Sensual` - it doesn't look right so I wanted warn you and other guys that it might be a malicious hack and not to open it unless Jose confirms its really from him! Hope all is well.
  2. V6 Mark

Why I'm not making progress with my conversion!

This is kind of an apology to my friend Jose, but also an acknowledgement that `life` gets in the way sometimes! My Alpine still sits patiently in the garage and in the meantime I've grown a family and restored an old pram!
  3. V6 Mark

Welding virgin - Butt or Lap?

No it's not an Adult Entertainment DVD title... I'm assessing the body repairs needed on my car before I make progress with the V6 install. It needs several panel repairs (sills, wheel arch, radiator surround,lower wings). I'm wondering whether you experienceg guys would recommend I attempt...
  4. V6 Mark

Front Valance / Welding

I'm in the process of taking paint (and filler) back to metal (rust) in places where there is bubbling paint. My front valance is welded to the wings - but is held with filler/seam sealer under the indicators and to the inner grille sides. I'll be removing it to address some other issues...
  5. V6 Mark

Series 5 Overdrive Gearbox

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunbeam-Alpine-Series-5-Overdrive-Gearbox-/320642485436?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa7c80cbc I am selling this - I think shipping cost might make it too expensive for my transatlantic friends - but if you are interested please feel free to investigate...
  6. V6 Mark

Solex/Weber DGV Manifold

Hi Guys I have an original Solex manifold taken from my Series IV Alpine - which is now no longer required (V6 conversion in progress). As you probably know the Weber 32/36 bolts straight on (the Weber is now on my wifes Spitfire). I'd guess shipping to the US would be c$30 (but I will...
  7. V6 Mark

Alternator Upgrade - and wiring upgrade too?

Hi all I just received an 80amp alternator which has the 3 spade plug fitting (which is all my faulty Lucas 101 had) - in addition to the 3 spage plug fitting it also has a terminal (and adjoining spade terminal) marked `B+` and another marked `W`. My original wiring uses all 3 spades for...
  8. V6 Mark

Alternator - Jose's Kit

Does anyone have a pic of Jose's alternaotr bracket mounted to the car (is it on the U.S. drivers side?) I recall it fits Delco (I have Lucas) but I can't quite see which bolt holes it uses in the block. I'd prefer to mount it on the US Passenger side if possible (my driver side) - originally...
  9. V6 Mark

Exhaust Cheats

During an unbelievably dull day at work I was torn away from the normally exciting world of international TV and Film and somehow found myself at the JEGS.COM website and wondered if anyone had experience of the `Flowmaster Universal Dual Kits` - at $200 for a 2.5" system it seems like an...
  10. V6 Mark

UK 3 port heads on 3.2 V6 Cologne

Interesting article
  11. V6 Mark

V6 Cologne - Fitting New Gaskets

Hi Chaps Dumb question perhaps (but you get used to these from me!) Putting the engine back together - when do I use sealant in addition to new gaskets? And which sealant to use for the following? Silicon/Hylomar/Nothing? Rocker cover gaskets Water pump gasket Thermostat Housing...
  12. V6 Mark

V6 Marks 1964 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Project (UK)

....it's been so long I forgot how to log in! and this is the second attempt to post a message - I must be getting senile! First of all a belated Happy New Year (2007) to you all ! Special `Hello` to Jose, Chris (V6 Mad) and Ed109 (happy to see another Brit on board) After another...