• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. skywords

Brake MC

I am trying to rebuild a MC from a series II to put in my series I. It has a metal sleeve where the pushrod enters it. What's the deal cut it off or trash it and buy a new one. I've already have a kings ransom in this car. Any thoughts.
  2. skywords

Clutch fluid

Dot 3 as I recall?
  3. skywords

Series I engine compartment

Requesting pictures of an engine compartment. You see I am cobbling together a car from bits. I need to know where to mount fuse holder, volt reg. Etc the more detail the better. The workshop manual is of no use in this regard. So any help here is appreciated.
  4. skywords

Color codes

I have found my new wire harness and started to install but to my dismay none of the color codes match the wire diagrams in the MM. Anyone else have this problem?
  5. skywords

Odometer reset cable

While trying to free up my reset cable it broke of course. Anyone know of a source. I suppose my local speedo shop might be able to fix it.
  6. skywords

Back to work

Well after too many years of idle I'm back to work on my series I. I had the front axles on the wrong side so first corrected that and now getting ready to put my overhauled engine in. Been to many years my bones are protesting.
  7. skywords

GM Quad four with t5 tranny

For sale my Quad four motor with clutch and transmission attached will bolt right in. This is a Mr Good wrench overhaul with a Manta bell housing and hydraulic clutch. Make me an offer I have over 2k invested. Call Rick at 520-971-0680 local pick up prefered
  8. skywords

Lockheed Vega

Hi all Missing in action for a while here. Thought I should say hello. I have been working my ass off on this airplane for three and a half years now. It finally flew off to a museum in Phoenix. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPPRgXF17M
  9. skywords

Wow

This is an amazing video, I just had to share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xvp2AeM68iM
  10. skywords

Vega

I know some here tier of airplane chatter but this one I feel the need to brag about. My latest project a Lockheed Vega, it will be the only flying example in the world.
  11. skywords

Hoover passes

Wrong Hoover Bob Hoover passed Friday. I was dooped into thinking the airshow Hoover passed, he has not. Sorry for the miss info
  12. skywords

miracle

I look at the wreckage and I cannot for the life of me figure how this boy survived. Eerie reminder of a L-188 Electra I once worked on that was later sold to Galaxy and crashed at Reno NV killing 90 with one young boy surviving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mox0iaFWlMg&feature=player_embedded
  13. skywords

A restoration

Not an auto but interesting I think. I had this 1969 instrument standing in the corner for thirty plus years. It looked terrible but I decided to sell it anyway because they are worth more un restored. I played the thing in my younger years in several bands and even played with David Crosby's...
  14. skywords

The main advantage of rotary wing

The main advantage of rotary wing over fixed wing,
  15. skywords

Burn it

I was thinking this to be the only solution in the begining. http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-28/coast-guard-may-burn-surface-oil-in-gulf-to-cut-spill-s-impact.html
  16. skywords

Ford 3/2 Tri power

I have two Ford 3-2 tri power manifolds with three Holly's each with linkage for sale (used). They are in fair shape but have been on the shelf for years and would need the carbs cleaned and resealed. $1,300.00 each. The first one is going on ebay tomorrow. They fit 390/ 406 and maybe others...
  17. skywords

I will have another

I will have another one of these someday, It was my favorite car I ever owned dispite all it's flaws. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if2j6yqZg0Q
  18. skywords

eye candy

Some cars just don't need words.
  19. skywords

Need your thoughts.

I have tooled and produced some of these hydroformed copper badges for rocker covers. They have an exact sized letter S from the body script lettering, the S is hydroformed into it and painted red, or could be any color. I am considering selling these and wondered what your opinions are. I...
  20. skywords

Free Shift Knob

OK guys I pried the lid off the damn thing now. I will wait till tomorrow to post the pic. Nobody guessed it so far. I'll give ya a hint it says 7 year battery. By God they mean it for it was manufactured in 1999. It is now going on eleven years old. It is sealed so no it has not been serviced...