• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. burgy711

Ideal Oil Pressure

On my restoration I put a 1725 in unknown condition into my Series III. The motor was thought to have been a re-fresh and I did pull a couple of freeze plugs to find the insides to be looking like new. I've had the motor running now several months and things run great. The motor was bought in...
  2. burgy711

More Brake Questions

I rebuilt my calipers a month ago or so and continue to have issues with them. First I thought the problem of not releasing was with my booster but when I by-pass the booster I am ending in the same spot. Bleeding and all is fine, I go for a road test and get about 5 miles out and the brake...
  3. burgy711

Brake the Horror........

Or is it "BRAKES oh the Horror!!!" :eek: Update on the Caliper sticking problem..... I pulled all four pistons out and all four had some pretty serious rusting issues going on..... I put in four new Stainless Steel pistons - all new rubber fittings - new brake shoes and everything sure...
  4. burgy711

Caliper Piston Rust

Caliper Piston Rust - Bridge Bolts for new pistons? Re-building my front brake calipers due to continued brake tightness. I have come to find RUST on the pistons. Looks like the stainless has been hit with corrosive rust and I have several patches about 1/8 of an inch by 1/2 inch. I'm sure...
  5. burgy711

Electrical Gremlin's

Have I ever said how much I hate electrical issues......... Here's my situation its a series III Alpine with a positive ground though I've updated the electrical so it will take an electrical tach - other than that it's your ordinary Electrical harness. I've had the car running.... in fact...
  6. burgy711

Brake Booster

Looks like I'm in need of a Brake Booster Servo......... suggestions from the group?? I know these are hard to find and pricey for a rebuild. Thanks Steve
  7. burgy711

Bumper Chrome Side Bolts

I am in need of two of the side bumper chrome bolts with the spacers that go between the bumper and the bumper brackets...... Thanks for your help.