• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. gary1725

SV Lower Alternator Bracket needed.

Looking for a SV Lower Alternator bracket....
  2. gary1725

Clutch master cylinder output thread size - SV

Hi Folks, Before I pull out my Clutch master cylinder to replace it I was wandering what the output thread size is. I have already picked up a Willwood GS integral master cylinder but now suspect the output thread matches the brake line output and not the clutch and the adapter that came with...
  3. gary1725

Clutch Master output thread size

Hi Folks, Does anyone have the thread size for the clutch Master output? I know that the brake master and the Wilwood "Girling style" master cylinders are 3/8-24 but the clutch looks larger - is there an adapter available between the two sizes? thanks Gary
  4. gary1725

longer rear wheel studs

Hi Folks, I am thinking of adding a small spacer on the rear to push the wheels out just a little - I started looking for longer wheel studs and not surprisingly with so many car manufacturers there seems an endless variety of sizes for the shoulder of the stud where it seats into the hub -...
  5. gary1725

Self Adjusting Brake lever - NLA - Options

Hi folks, What are the options for the Self Adjusting lever operated by the handbrake - I do not see them new listed on either Sunbeam Specialties nor Classic Sunbeam websites! Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but on my drivers side has so much wear on the rear handbrake lever...
  6. gary1725

Lockhead Booster size - Moss Motors lists 2 sizes.

Hi Folks, I have read several threads on the Lockhead booster replacement but did not see a bore size mentioned and I see two sizes listed on Moss motors site 11/16 and 5/8 - also the replacement offered by SS says suits 5 and 7 inch replacement - not sure what the differences were between the 5...
  7. gary1725

Brake Flare fun

Hi Folks, I had a slightly weeping brake line on the rear drivers side - put it down to disconnecting and reconnecting a couple too many times squishing the flare too much (long story resulted in replacing near new rear wheel bearing) anyway I decided to pick up a new wheel cylinder and have a...
  8. gary1725

Cylinder Head Gasket failure

Hi Folks, I know this one might have been done to death but here goes - my head gasket, I think slowly initially (thinking I was running the car often enough that water did not build up) and then quickly failed (car had been sat for about a month un-started) - symptoms - initial uneven idle...
  9. gary1725

SV Inner and Outer sludge guards - Picture

Hi Folks, Does anyone have picture of the Inner and outer sludge guards for a SV half shafts - I have removed my half shafts to replace the bearing because of a leaking oil seal and do not see them on my car! I am also having difficulty imagining where they actually fit! Silly question - but...
  10. gary1725

Pertronix Distributor Cap and Rota - same as Lucas 45D?

Hi Folks, I thought the Pertronix Distributor used the same cap/rota as a Standard Lucas 45D - I picked both up locally and while the arm fits the cap won't quite fit - close very very close - so I ordered another online thinking I just had a bad part and the same thing. the rota is working...
  11. gary1725

will the Rota RB 15X6 +25 offset with 195/60's fit an alpine

Hi Folks, I have tried to read the plethora of notes on this but do not see any definitive "yes's", I found the tire calculator which was great - but without modification will this wheel and tire combination work? today I have what I believe are 13 inch Mustang II / Pinto slotted alloys with...
  12. gary1725

Overdrive switch mount thingy

I am looking for the piece that holds the overdrive switch in place in the steering column surround - I thought someone had remade some of these that were perhaps a little different and easier to use than the originals - I currently have two oval pieces of metal that sandwich either side of the...
  13. gary1725

Speedometer with Overdrive - recalibration concern

Hi Folks, I have fitted an overdrive gearbox to an otherwise stock drive gear and sent the Speedometer away for recalibration. I performed a push test counting cable revolutions but the Nisonger Instruments called because they are surprised by the numbers. I pushed the car over (if I recall 52...
  14. gary1725

Clicking sound from Drivers side hub

Hi Folks, I have recently completed (I say completed but there is always something left that could be worked on) a restoration on my SV - anyway I have a little over 1000 miles on the car and have developed a "clicking" from the drivers side hub - it is rhythmic increasing with speed and more...
  15. gary1725

False passenger floor position

Hi Folks, When I welded up my floor I did not take note of the position of the holes for the false floor brackets on the passenger foot well. Can anyone please provide the distance from the lip of the front foot well to the edge of the bottom edge of the false floor? From this I can...
  16. gary1725

Stromberg metering needles

Hi Folks, I was told that at one time there were multiple different metering needles that could be used in the CD150's - searching the net has not shown anything that details these options or better yet a source! I continue to have issues getting my car to run well - the engine was...
  17. gary1725

seat side plates - how are they held on!

Hi Folks, I am almost done with refinishing one of my seats but I am not sure how the 2 side plates are supposed to be held on - I can see that the top hooks over but nothing more. when I dismantled them there was a trim screw and cup at the front and at the back of each plate - this may be...
  18. gary1725

oil blank in engine block - thread size

Hi Folks, I am still working on my Engine start up but noticed that one of the oil blanking holes for cleaning the oil ways was not blocked up again when I rebuilt the engine so there is a hole in the block almost exactly at the rear end of the starter motor, the block flares out almost...
  19. gary1725

Stromberg adjustment

Hi Folks, I am fettling my engine after a complete rebuild and am setting up the Stromberg carbs (SV) and have followed the basic set up - checked float level, starting from jets flush , centered, have nice clink on dropping the piston, backed off 2 1/4 turns, still nice clink.. So how many...
  20. gary1725

seat rebuilds - pictures

Hi Folks, I am recovering my seats (SV) and would love some pictures of the seats without covers - particularly the cardboard pieces that cover the inside and the lower section of the back side of the seat! I picked up some card used for picture framing but have no template for how it...