• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. sunbeam74

Sunbeam Alpine Race car

One of Len Amato's old race cars. Neat car. Very original. Magnesium knock-off Mini-lites. Located in MA. If interested send a PM.
  2. sunbeam74

1961 Hillman Minx IIIC and 1961 Sunbeam Rapier available

In New England the Hillman Minx and Sunbeam Rapier I had raced in the VSCCA are both available. (These were very stock but that was the requirements of the Sedan Class in VSCCA) They are great on the street and lots of fun but need attention now. I can put you in touch with the family who...
  3. sunbeam74

Windshield frames for Early Alpines

I have two early Series windshield frames, one might have a serviceable windshield, for free in central mass. No shipping. PM me if you'd like them. Steve
  4. sunbeam74

Tom Thomas - Pacific NW racing

Tom Thomas sent me this picture the other day. Tom was very active in the Pacific Northwest in the 60's. He ran an early large fin Alpine and the one you see in the attached picture. It's a Series IV and looks fairly fresh. I am guessing this photo might be early 1964. Looks like...
  5. sunbeam74

Bracket and linkage for SV carbs

Would anyone have a set of complete carb linkage for the Series V Zenith-Strombergs? (bracket at the front carb, push rod up to the pivot rod, down to the push rod connected to the pedal, etc.) you could part with? I don't necessarily need the bracket on the fire wall but I'd take it too since...
  6. sunbeam74

Invasion 2012 - request for Assist/Chairperson

Just thought I'd put out the request again. Still looking for a assistance or even a chairperson for Invasion 2012. (location TB, Nashville was a suggestion since I have some of those "pieces" in place to hold an event there) Please send a PM or direct email milano164@comcast.net Steve
  7. sunbeam74

Nashville 2012 - October 11th-14th

Invasion 2012 Ok, so I am sort of restarting this thread. The proposed plan is to hold the Invasion in Nashville Tn in October of 2012. Nashville has a number of very good attributes, location, activities, etc. Some real bonuses. However if there are any members who would be interested in...
  8. sunbeam74

Singer on Hemmings

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/singer/unspecified/1235068.html I really like the wagon. Seems pricey but the car is neat. Steve
  9. sunbeam74

IMP on Ebay

I love the old York A/C option on this one. (I think it is York) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220778879357&viewitem=
  10. sunbeam74

Carolina British Classics Car Show

Greetings to All British Car Groups: This is a reminder that pre-registration is running out for CBC-V on April 21st, 2011. As a refresher, details follow: The British Car Club - Midlands Centre will be hosting the 5th annual Carolina British Classics Car Show, otherwise known as CBC-V...
  11. sunbeam74

21st ANNUAL HAYWARD FIELD MEET

Please let your members know about this year's Hayward Field Meet and Swap. So far as I know it is now only one of two remaining ALL BRITISH shows in the Bay Area. Brisbane is gone and unless Bill Meade gets a better turn out in Morgan Hill at the Autumn Classic he may be out of business soon...
  12. sunbeam74

Rusted Tiger in MA

I was laughing at this rusted Tiger... I think this is a MkII. Wonder where the stainless and VIN went? :) http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/2315113445.html Not positive but there are a few details....
  13. sunbeam74

RAC rally story - Harrington

http://www.harringtonalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=94 Hey, the story about driving the Harrington Le Mans at the RAC rally written by Graham Gauld is back up. I want to thank Graham for taking the time to write this up. Steve
  14. sunbeam74

Le Mans Corvette

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/03/11/cinema-with-an-uplifting-script/?refer=news The film could be pretty good. Amazing car to discover. Steve
  15. sunbeam74

Neat web on Alan Fraser

http://tardis.dl.ac.uk/Mercia/Fraser/fraser_history.html Steve
  16. sunbeam74

New Competition

Ok, here's the new club competition. There are three ways to win. Submit one of the following; 1) Tech write-up Or 2) Feature article Or 3) Write up a short article and provide photo details regarding a Rootes option or originality detail. So, there's three ways to win and benefit...
  17. sunbeam74

Sports Car Forum Reunion poster

If anyone is interested a few years ago Walter Pietrowicz, who shoots a lot of the photography for Vintage Motorsports Magazine, created a poster commemorating the 2005 Reunion of the two existing "Sports Car Forum" race cars. The Tiger and the Series IV Alpine. This was the event where many...
  18. sunbeam74

65 Alpine for sale

Unfortunatly, I need to sell my 65 Alpine. It is in very rare excellant condition, not really restored and not perfect. Doug Jennings in Dayton Oh built a fresh engine for me and the car is an excellant driver. Anyone interested can call me 513-543-7470 or email lcadamea@yahoo.com. I am taking...
  19. sunbeam74

Competition press and other magazines from 60's

I found this the other day. If you check the links there are a couple of interest.... the competition press (CP+A). Or West Coast Sports Car Journal. They are large files to down load but the Competition press can't be beat. (as for the books I don't think he should have done that) "I...
  20. sunbeam74

Clearing out the basement in MA

I am starting to clear out my basement... if anyone local to Central Massachusetts is interested in larger parts send me a PM. I have a couple of transmissions, cross-member, body parts etc. that would be easier to deal with locally versus mailing. May have an 1600 engine and transmission...