• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

rocher adjustment stud

Help during the break in period fer the 2.8 v6 I had a rocker adjustment stud back comlplely out of the rocker arm .are there any replacement studs witk any locking device. I can't imagine them not backing out all the time.. help thanks blu oval
  2. B

rear suspension

Hi all I just finnished my V6 conv Alpine, and on test drives I have come up with a problem.. That is In turns I will feel the planted rear side g-force then a moment later a secondary for side G force..It feels as this is body roll is the secondary G force. what ever it is I realy do not like...
  3. B

v8 conv in the rosd

Jose I want to thank you. I finaly got the Alpine fine tuned and on the road after a 5 year build. I am realy impressed with the way it handels and the power the little v6 puts out. It is a real dream to drive. a lot better than my Tiger. Even though it doesnt have the 350 hp the Tiger has...
  4. B

2.8 dist

Hello have a mallory duel point dist mech advan in the 2.8 and the points are out of sinc, it will hardly run with both sets of points if i disconect 1 set and run on 1set seems to run fine.Am to the point of converting to the ford dura spark. One thing comes to mind before i swap out the ign...
  5. B

need vent window frames s3 to s5

need Hard top vent window frames for hard top series lll to v . in good shape. Thanks Earl blu oval. 304 242 7310 ecasey87 @comcast.net
  6. B

glove box insall

My68 v alpine did not have a dash and glove box when I got it well i have a plastic dasi instaled and am in the process of inst a glove box repop that I got from rick at ss. found a set of three L shaped u clips and attacked them to the glove box. but cant seem to line the clips with the plastic...
  7. B

My v6 conv.

Hi all my firstattempt to attach photos of my alpine build. Earl blu oval
  8. B

v6 front end alignment settings

It's off to the alignment shop this week with the V6 Alpine and was going to use the stock Alpine alignment settings but then thought i would pose the question of settings to those with a v6 as to what the settings should be. thanks Earl blu oval
  9. B

to drill or not to drill

Last year I rcvd new tie rod ends for the alpine from S.S and they had no holes for pins. I went ahead and did the install and used the milar ( sp ) self locking nuts. But now I am having second thoughts about weather or not to remove them to drill the shaft and then use castleated nuts and...
  10. B

hardtop custom

Help I'm in the final stages of resto of my series v hardtop and want to wrap it in vinyl. I have never seen one. So I do not know how they were wraped. I seem to remember seeing a picture of a wraped hardtop. but am not sure. I do not remember any of the details. Please post the details you...
  11. B

counting teeth

Have the v6 with the t5 instaled but forgot to count the teeth on the speedo drive gear. Pulling the engine and trans is out of the question at this point. Was wondering if a mirror and someway marking one of the teeth then counting the teeth as someone slowly turns one of the wheels untill I...
  12. B

am i missing something?

Oil leak around the oil filter adaptor caused me to re think things. Took the oil filter to block tube off an old mustang 2.8 then used a short mopar oil filter and did away with the adaptor. Will see tomorrow if there is a leak. have clearance all around the filter. can anyone tell me why the...
  13. B

tiger on car crazy

Hi all Wanted to let you know in the for what its worth dept. that the film crew of car crazy central saw fit to film my Tiger during the" art of the auto show" in Daytona Beach last May. The program aired last Sunday, and will air again on speed chan. July 24 at 7:30 P.M est and July 25 1:30...
  14. B

nylon cilclip

Need the nylon circlip that fits under the srteering wheel.. on a series v... thanks Earl blu oval
  15. B

timing setting

hi started up the 2.8 v6 conv but do not know the timing setting am using a malory duel point and the jose cam.. thanks earl blu oval
  16. B

trunk spring refit

Hi After painting the Series V am now in the last stage of re assembly..But cant figure a way to get the trunk springs back in place was there a special tool for the install??? Is there some soort of trick to geting the spring expanded then over the rear tang??? Thanks Earl Blu oval
  17. B

brown and blue wire

Am in the process of finishing up the wirng. on the 67 Alpine V6 conversion. The alpine was just a body with no wirng. harness.So I used custom 12 fuse wirng. harness. Have finished rebuilding the turn sig. mech. and would like to know what the blue and brown wires that come out of the turn sig...
  18. B

series v window regulator spring.

Am in urgent need of the spring that attaches to the left door window regulator.. also a series v deck lid must be without crash damage.. thanks Earl bluoval.
  19. B

timing pointer 2.8

I need to find a timing pointer for the 2.8 its a ranger block with the mutt ll front cover,and balancer THE QUESTION IS .What timing pointer do I need?? the mutt ll or ranger?? Thanks Earl bluoval
  20. B

2.8 dipstick and tube

Need the dipstick and tube for the 2.8 conv about a week from starting this little bad boy up and failed to locate the dipstick.. need it soon.. thanks Earl Bluoval