• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. RootesRich

Alpine spotted in Littleton, CO on 9/20/13

A friend of mine spotted an Alpine this morning (I've got my friends trained well) parked in the vicinity of University Blvd and Arapahoe Rd near the Cherry Knolls Park in Littleton. Red body with a black top, Series unknown (still teaching my friends those details). Is this anyone's on the...
  2. RootesRich

30th Annual Colorado Conclave

The Colorado English Motoring Conclave will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Annual Conclave on Saturday and Sunday, September 14 & 15, 2013, at Oak Park, 64th Place and Oak Street, Arvada, Colorado. The gathering of over 500 English vehicles (cars, motorcycles, and 4WDs) is the...
  3. RootesRich

Holbay valve spring specs for E128 Cam

Anyone have the specs for the valve springs needed when running a Holbay E128 cam? Or better yet a source for NOS or the equivalent part number through Comp Cams, etc? Thanks!
  4. RootesRich

Cal Cams

This is a longshot, but perhaps someone on the Forum knows something about Cal Cams and their Alpine grinds. While looking for parts for a fellow Alpine owner, I came across a camshaft that had "Cal Cams" stamped on the end. It also has "268" which I assume is the profile number. Cal Cams...
  5. RootesRich

Metal soft top cover difference between series

Anyone know the difference between the metal soft top covers for a Series I-II and Series 3-IV? Would a set of covers from a SII fit a Series IV? The Rootes parts manual has a different part number, but visually the covers appear the same. Thanks.
  6. RootesRich

VB Body Panel Quality

Has anyone purchased and fitted any of the replacement body panels offered by VB? I'm looking at replacing the lower valance on my late SV in the near future and wonder about VB's quality and fit. Rumor has it their panel supplier is the same as offered by one of the UK spares companies, but...
  7. RootesRich

June gathering

My Alpine is coming out of winter storage this weekend and Bill Ashby's Alpine is on the road ready to impress and inspire. With the weather warm enough for top down driving let's try and get together this month. Suggestions on meeting date and location are welcome.
  8. RootesRich

Colorado Chaper Gathering

Anyone in the area interested in a gathering before the snow really starts flying, please send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can include you on our possible plans. Alpine need not be running to join us!
  9. RootesRich

Colorado Conclave Sept 17-18th!

Anyone in the Denver area and surrounding communities, the 28th Annual Colorado Conclave will be held in Arvada Sept 17-18th. It's the largest gathering of English motorcars in the Rocky Mountains. For more info on the weekend's events, check out: www.thecoloradoconclave.com. Alpines and...
  10. RootesRich

LT lead shorting out at Points

I'm stumped guys and need help (insert joke here :)) Driving home last weekend, my Pertronix powered ignition failed at a traffic light. No spark. Checked the Pertronix coil with my meter and it tested out ok. I pulled the Pertronix module out assuming it was bad and installed points to get the...
  11. RootesRich

West Coast Auto Transporter

Anyone know of a good transporter on the west coast? A buddy of mine needs to get his Dad's non-running 70's VW bus transported from the Bay Area to Eugene, OR. Thanks,
  12. RootesRich

Colorado Alpine Owner Gathering

Colorado Alpine Owners, If you have not received an e-mail from me regarding a possible gathering with the hope of setting up a Colorado Chapter, please send me a PM with your e-mail address so I may include you in the planning. Tentative gathering date is May 1st as it doesn't appear any of...
  13. RootesRich

2009 SAOCA Window Statics For Sale $4.00/ea

We have a handful of Official 2009 SAOCA Window Statics for sale at $4.00 each including postage. Dyno tested to add 5 HP and reduce 0-60 times by 2 seconds. ;) The statics are transferable from car to car and leave absolutely no residue. Paypal $4.00 to saoca@sunbeamalpine.org. PLEASE...
  14. RootesRich

Colorado Conclave

Colorado Conclave Arvada, CO September 19 & 20th http://www.thecoloradoconclave.com/
  15. RootesRich

Colorado British Car Show

Colorado owners mark your calendars for The 46th Annual Scottish Highlands Games and 19th Annual British Car Show! Sunday, August 9, 2009. Meet at 9:30 AM at the Post Office parking lot at the intersection of University, Quebec and Lincoln in Highlands Ranch. We will parade in as a group at...
  16. RootesRich

Weber Sync Link Wanted

Looking to buy a Weber Sync Link as originally sold by Pierce Manifolds.
  17. RootesRich

Ron Jones Please PM Me

Ron please send me an e-mail or PM. I need some info from you to complete your donation to the SAOCA. Thanks,
  18. RootesRich

Craigslist posting in MI and OH

1. Convertible. $200 Ottawa Lakes, MI http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/1150532231.html 2. Hard Top. $300 Dayton, OH 1963 Sunbeam Alpine Roadster Hard top. Car has been sitting for 35 years. http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/1151564835.html
  19. RootesRich

Soft top drain tubes

Anyone know how to connect (get to) the drain tube to the body at the leading edge of the soft top storage well? I accidentally dislodged the passenger side tube while doing some rear brake work and my hand is too big to fit in the small opening at the door/ soft top well. I'm wondering if...
  20. RootesRich

Late SV trunk tool layout photo needed

All, I'm looking for a photo of a late SV trunk showing the tool layout with spring clip locations. My late SV has only three factory drilled holed for the spring clips and these are right behind the spare tire. The factory jack fits nicely, but there's no clips for the lug wrench. Jim Stone...