• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. RootesRooter

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods

Has galling been found on the earlier, brass OPRV's that most Series Alpines have?
  2. RootesRooter

Carb advice needed

Yup, that's a cast-iron head with single Stromberg, found in the U.S. on the Alpine Coupe fastback and Sunbeam Arrow. 70hp, vs about 92hp on the aluminum-head, dual Stromberg engine.
  3. RootesRooter

Tire Recommendations 13”

Try Discount Tire. Still have a selection of 205-60's and others.
  4. RootesRooter

No spark frustration

Your plug wires from the old car could be off by 180 degrees. Have you tried spraying some starter fluid into it to see if it 'barks?'
  5. RootesRooter

$83,500 Alpine on ebay

The dash? Well, at least its consistent with the rest of the interior. I like the door panels.
  6. RootesRooter

Tiger Parts Stash

I've heard the 2nd Tiger was a no-sale at $57k. Did it sell afterwards?
  7. RootesRooter

Electric problems

IIRC, on the fastback there's a little black ground wire from the fusebox screwed to the outside of the firewall. If that screw gets loose, various things won't work.
  8. RootesRooter

Massive Sunbeam Hoard in Oregon

Owner only wants to sell as a "package deal." Yikes! Imagine the cost of relocating 15 cars to another field or large barn.
  9. RootesRooter

Stash of Sunbeams in Oregon

I wish him luck - but what a task moving all of those cars to some other field.
  10. RootesRooter

Cracked LAT 70 Wheel! Looking for Qty1 or Full Set of 13" LAT 70 Wheels

The "LAT" wheels in the photo with the non-raised spinners are probably Gurney look-a-likes, that just have a hole instead of a hub. They're good wheels (I've run a set for decades) but hub inserts that fit correctly are very tough to find.
  11. RootesRooter

2024 Calendar

For us perennial procrastinators, is it too late to renew our memberships and get a calendar?
  12. RootesRooter

Having trouble with OIL leaks among other things

So which hose goes into your PCV?
  13. RootesRooter

Alpine & Tiger Parts Wanted

Nick, Pacific Tiger Club has been holding a Sunbeam parts swap meet each April the last few years in Hansville, WA, west of Seattle. A much easier trip from Olympia. A repeat is planned for April 2024 but we haven't set a final date yet. You and all Sunbeam/Hillman enthusiasts are more than...
  14. RootesRooter

Nope. I'm talking about the width of the center hub that the spinner is mounted on. This looks like the later style, with a wider hub that doesn't leave a lot of room for the lug nuts. IIRC, there may even be a third style, with a center hub that isn't as tall, but I don't have my Book of...
  15. RootesRooter

You might want to post a photo. The later LAT 70's, which would be the most likely ones found on Mk II's, had a different (wider?) hub.
  16. RootesRooter

Series V Clutch Cover

What's involved in a typical "reconditioning" of a clutch cover?
  17. RootesRooter

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

Brett only moved to Nampa in June. He lived near me in Kent, WA for the previous 40+ years.
  18. RootesRooter

Alternator replacement recommendations

I switched to the Hitachi #14231 decades ago. No problems. The Hitachi unit isn't available anymore, but if you do some cross-referencing you'll find identical in-house brand replacements from places like Autozone.
  19. RootesRooter

Georgia FB marketplace early Alpine

I don't know about the top, but it looks like a tall, SII window post.