• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bernd_st

Full Index of Videos on The Sunbeam Alpine Channel

Tim, that's an extremely nice job to get all of those Videos sorted. Much appreciated and a prime execution for all generations to follow ;-)
  2. bernd_st

Brake Master push rod

P.S. It pays off to clean the rod from any trace of corrosion and give it a light smear with grease though...
  3. bernd_st

Brake Master push rod

The "sliding sleeve is held in hole of the matching Girling rubber gaitor. It prevents the rod to wear the rubber bore when moving. No relation with the circlip...
  4. bernd_st

$83,500 Alpine on ebay

If anybody is still after a real "hottie" Alpine, or better to say a well built Alger try that one which is currently for sale over here in Germany. The current owner is a club mate of mine and it is extremely well built for race & street at less money...
  5. bernd_st

Engine swap

There is a Fastback Rapier with a Ford V8 installed in NZ. However not sure whether there is any chance to get such a modification legalized in Spain...
  6. bernd_st

X frame repair sections.

Found a picture finally. Not the best quality though, but gives you at least an impression :-))
  7. bernd_st

Carb/Exhaust Configurations for Dyno test

Jerry, terrific combos you have there so very much looking forward to see the actual dyno readings. My best bet on a 1592 would be either 38 or 40 DCOE's in combination with your 4 in 1. From all around driveability, responsiveness and mid range torque point of view I'ld put a bet on the 38's...
  8. bernd_st

Squeaky Shifter

An eardropper :)That sounds a like an awesome idea...
  9. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Thanks for the backwards loop, even though I enjoyed all those "burled wood" excursions. What I'm after is still a close looking formica replacement....
  10. bernd_st

Squeaky Shifter

Never did that, but a good idea to fill oil into the nipples on top of the gear selector. How did you actually do it? Just letting the oil drip ?
  11. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

P.S. Found that one in UK called "Altofina/Ebony" which at least from grain point of view appears similar - even it's way darker. Hmm , may order a sample... https://www.blackheathproducts.co.uk/products/lam/altofina/ebony_001/ Or the walnut one here might even be better...
  12. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Quite a few helpful links, thanks. The last two however I can't open (access denied). Nice burled wood grains, but still not really close to original stuff. See the pictures: P.S. Jerry thanks for your above close up. Learned something new again. Appearantly Harringtons used slotted domed...
  13. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Jerry, same unfortunate experience. I have 2 original broken RHD formica pieces which could be somehow used as a pattern, but thought a close match would make things easier...
  14. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Does anybody have a good hint for a formica replacement which would be at least a close match to the original wood pattern/colour used on the HLM dashboard ? Haven't found anything proper yet...
  15. bernd_st

HLM project progress...

Just visited the body shop again today and brought them the side windows. They were very right - their fit/gaps to the glassfibre roof make all the difference. Quite amazing how much flex can occur around the lower side window recesses. Gaps have to be 100% straight...
  16. bernd_st

What color should I paint my Tiger?

If the Tiger is for resale I'ld go for Forrest Green. It's all about originality these days and you may achieve a premium...
  17. bernd_st

X frame repair sections.

We are good to animals aren't we ? If I find the pictures of that very oil pan I'll post them here. Exciting :) ...
  18. bernd_st

HLM project progress...

Wedgewood blue is also nice. In my case the project was bought 15 years ago. OMG what a long time :). Always happy to hear more Harringtons are being put back on the road. 20 years before nobody wanted them, except a few hardcore Sunbeamers...
  19. bernd_st

A-Arm Bushing FAILURE

Looks like an assembly mistake to me. The poly bushings do require a good smear of that white grease/ assy lube provided with kit. If not the'll wear out rather quickly...
  20. bernd_st

X frame repair sections.

Indeed. Squirrels or mice. On the other hand hard to imagine squirrels being able enter those small X- frame holes. I bought a 1725 engine some years before which was dry stored in a garden shed for many years. The owner had a big walnut tree in his garden next to it. Guess what I found when...