• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. britbeam

1962 Sunbeam V6 For Sale

Hi Mark I’ve uploaded pics an info on the for sale section. If you need more let me know. I’m in a power outage area Right now but to regain power ina day or so. Dwain Cooke
  2. britbeam

Alternative Alpine Seats

Ive used Geo Storm bucket seats
  3. britbeam

1962 Sunbeam V6 For Sale

1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Modified using V6 Jose installation Kit Ford 2.8 V6 , T5 Ford 5spd transmission 4bl Holley 390cfm carb mounted on a Offey Dual Port manifold Melling Hi-Volume oil pump Rear lever action shocks have been mod to...
  4. britbeam

Atlanta Brish car Fayre

Good to see all the group at the event. I trust everyone had a good day and safe trip home. The Red Rocket ran so sweet all the way there an back.Looking forward to the next time.
  5. britbeam

Replacement Seat Recommendations

Im using seats frpom a Geo Storm..They have wings on both width of bottom an top
  6. britbeam

Vacuum CFM for 2.8L V6

Just curious why do you not want to use the four bl Holley 390cfm. I havent been following you so Im not sure what your building.
  7. britbeam

Starter Recommendations for 2.8l

Ive used the standard mutt starter from NAPA since my original build with 24,000 plus miles on it now. The engine has .030 over pistons head shaved very minor to cleanup. Turns the engine good and has lasted well.
  8. britbeam

MacGregor British Car Parts

I was instrumental in Martin remanufacturing the Series 2 winshield gasket many years ago He worked as an engineer at the plant in Coventry and he told me that he was there when my Alpine was assembled. At the time Martin and I were speaking about having the Early Alpine wind screen seals made I...
  9. britbeam

Atlanta Brish car Fayre

I will be there with my Series 2 Alpine V6
  10. britbeam

That 2.8 V6 sound

Yes normal, the V6 starts making power at or above 3,000 rpm
  11. britbeam

swap or not to swap, that is my question

Hi Bob, Just my 2 cents I have accomplished the V6 Mod to my S2 Alpine. Never have regretted doing it. Yes one mod brings on another and another. Its all part of the package. I have the 2.8 Ford with 5speed and original alpine rear diff. I live in a mountainous area now and the...
  12. Dwain Cooke  V6 Alpine

Dwain Cooke V6 Alpine

Series 2 1962 Modified Ford 2.8 V6/T5 transmission
  13. britbeam

Windshield installation

Thanks Mike for sharing the service bulletin for the installation.Allthough I have installed a Alpine windshield before I found this helpful. Dwain V6 Krazy
  14. britbeam

3.0 V6 Ford

3,0 Ford V6 Building a V6 Alpine is a adventure. I chose the proven method of the 2.8 V6 because of wanting performance and the desire to get on the road. Six months later bingo Im driving everyday. Along the way since I built my S2 changes have come but always the 2.8 Ford remains the easiest...
  15. britbeam

How to get a V6 conversion kit?

Jose's V6 Kit helped me build my V6 Alpine in record time.Its now at 22,000 miles and runs like the day it was finished. I drove it today an still Lovin it Dwain V6 Krazy
  16. britbeam

2.8l radiator mods

V6 Radiator Hi Allan, If you are going to be at Norcross on the 12th,I will be there with my conversion and your welcome to take pics of the radiator install. Dwain V6 Krazy
  17. britbeam

Atlanta British Car Fayre

Norcross Looking forward to Norcross and registered. Be great to see all you guys and see the cars.Tom we look forward to the BBQ. Dwain & Barbara Cooke
  18. britbeam

v6 conversion kit?

V6 Mod Kit Go to members list find"V6 Jose".Click on his name and you will be able to choose how you want to communicate with Jose.Built my V6 in early 2000 still driving it with no problems. Ive logged 22,000 plus miles of pure driving pleasure. This is the quickest way to driving a modified...
  19. britbeam

Shock conversion for early series

Shock conversion Chuck I have the Bull D shock installation. This is what I used Monroe P/N 33033(Gas Lg bore). The bottom rubber bushing must be removed and bore rubber larger to fit the shaft. Very simple install and gives a much better ride than the lever action...
  20. britbeam

Happy B-Day

Thanks Jose it was a good day of free time to work on projects in the shop.Although not an Alpine project but a BSA 650 Lightning Brit bike.Now that Im retired for real "I think" or as close as I ever will allow myself to be. Life is very Happy and there is more time to live. All the Best Dwain