• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mxp01

1725 Cylinder Head

Looking for a usable 1725 head (aluminum). I don't mind if I need to have a little machine work done. I already have a torn down 1725 head with valves and springs so I'm not necessarily looking for a complete head.
  2. mxp01

Engine Bearing Question

I have simple question about engine bearings. After pulling my crank shaft I inspected the main bearings and connecting rod bearings for stamped markings. What I found were that the connecting rod bearings are stamped with .030 U/S and the main bearings are stamped with .020 U/S. So that must...
  3. mxp01

Camshaft Identification

I need some assistance identifying the camshaft I pulled out of my 1725. I was not able to find anything online with what markings are on the cam. I’m was told that it is aftermarket by the previous owner. The cam is marked Integral 110 274x305
  4. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

I’m going thru my recently acquired 1725. I pulled the head last week and two things stood out to me. 1st the head has been resurfaced too about it’s limit. 2nd there are small pin holes around the water jackets. I never noticed these small pin holes the times I pulled the head on my 1600...
  5. mxp01

Nippon Denso Alternator?

I have come in possession of what I believe to be a Nippon Denso alternator. I have been using a Hitachi for years, but recently put the early series exhaust manifold on and could not fit the hitachi anymore. The back of this Nippon alternator has (3) spade connectors. Does any one know what...
  6. mxp01

Tappet Cover

In need of a straight tappet cover for a 1600.
  7. mxp01

Oil Leak

I have developed a pretty server oil leak somewhere on the front side of the engine over the last year. This leak however does not show it self unless I'm driving under the right conditions. I have had the car off the ground idling and running the engine on some elevated RPMs and cannot get this...
  8. mxp01

Ed’s Solid State Gauge Regulator

I’m currently installing a Rebel harness. Years ago I installed one of Ed Esslinger’s solid state gauge regulators. While pulling out the old harness I foolishly forgot to label the wires on his regulator. I have 3 color wires on it. Green, black, and white. Black and green are together on one...
  9. mxp01

4 Pipe Headers

I have been exploring trying out different headers for my 1600. I port and polished my head last winter in an attempt to help the engine breath a little more. Right now running the stock cast iron headers with Weber carb. With the way things have been over the last 2 years I have not had any...
  10. mxp01

Wheel Sizes

I have set 13” mini lite wheels that I put on my SIV about 15 years ago. The wheels are starting to delaminate and I lost one of the cheap plastic center caps. I want to get a new set of aftermarket wheels. My question is, what the largest size wheel that can comfortably fit in the wheel well...
  11. mxp01

Leaking Heater Core

My heater core recently started leaking. I pulled it out and rerouted the hoses so I can continue to drive for the summer. It’s leaking from the side where the metal is seamed together. Has anyone had luck getting these repaired? Or do I need to just look for scrap one that is still in good shape?
  12. mxp01

Timing Tensioner Blade

I have a new rubber tensioner but I do not have the metal blade. Does anyone have one available?
  13. mxp01

Timing Chain Tensioner

I have pulled the engine out of my SIV and have it broken down to the block. I'm not doing anything major, just giving it a refresh. When I pulled the timing cover off I noticed that there was no chain tensioner or evidence of one. I have had my SIV going on 16 years and have never had a timing...
  14. mxp01

Stainless steel headers

I’m looking for for a set of stainless steel exhaust hearers for my SIV. I noticed at one point Classic Sunbeam carried then but no longer does. Does anyone have a set they would be willing to sell me?
  15. mxp01

Rear Diff Mystery

I am having trouble diagnosing a problem. last week pulling into traffic (kind of heavy on the throttle at take off) in 1st gear a noise came from what sounded like the rear end. The noise sounded like gears jumping teeth if that makes any sense. The car felt like the clutch slipped. Once...
  16. mxp01

Selling a Triumph

Off topic I know, but I’m selling a Triumph TR3B. Anyone one here know a good forum I could post it on? Thanks Cade
  17. mxp01

Rear differential howling

I am on my third rear end. They have all began howling at some point. My S IV is stock. Im at my wits end with this. Im not sure if something on my whole rear end assembly is tweaked causing these differentials to wear out quickly. Can these be rebuilt? If not, then I would ask if anyone has a...
  18. mxp01

Need rear differential

My sIV has a howling rear end. I'm trying to get my hands on another one. I would gladly take one off someone's hands.
  19. mxp01

Clutch Question

Gentlemen, I am replacing the Release bearing on my SIV and I notice that on the center of the pressure plate where the bearing pushes to release the disc that the part moves around somewhat. I will attach a photo to show you what I am talking about. is that ok? It does not spin around but does...
  20. mxp01

Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

Do any of you happen to know the size and thread of the bolt that holds the crank pulley on. Im looking around but cant seem to find the size. Thanks