• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. mxp01

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

When I chimed in on this thread I was talking about the Pierce manifold that sits on top of the weber and allows for pipe to be duct to the front of the car to grab cooler air. As for the manifold in the link above. I do have that installed and I don't have any complaints. By inspecting spark...
  2. mxp01

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

I installed the Pierce manifold on my Weber and plumbed my air duct the same way as the photos above and my carb is acting like its starving for air. If I was trying to give the car any more over 1/3 throttle it would stumble all over its self. I did a little bit of process of elimination...
  3. mxp01

No spark frustration

You said you are using a inline spark tester and seeing spark at each plug correct? If so I would just check to confirm you are getting fuel. Only need three things: Fuel Ignition Air
  4. mxp01

1725 Cylinder Head

I can wait. Thanks!
  5. mxp01

1725 Cylinder Head

Looking for a usable 1725 head (aluminum). I don't mind if I need to have a little machine work done. I already have a torn down 1725 head with valves and springs so I'm not necessarily looking for a complete head.
  6. mxp01

Engine Bearing Question

Thanks!
  7. mxp01

Engine Bearing Question

I have simple question about engine bearings. After pulling my crank shaft I inspected the main bearings and connecting rod bearings for stamped markings. What I found were that the connecting rod bearings are stamped with .030 U/S and the main bearings are stamped with .020 U/S. So that must...
  8. mxp01

Now what? Oil in headers

What trouble are you having with the timing?
  9. mxp01

Hitachi identification

I attached photos of how my hitachi fits on my bracket. My hitachi is the 14231.
  10. mxp01

Hitachi identification

Michael, When you say it wont fit your bracket, what doesn't fit? When I installed my Hitachi I had to make some modifications to my bracket.
  11. mxp01

Camshaft Identification

I need some assistance identifying the camshaft I pulled out of my 1725. I was not able to find anything online with what markings are on the cam. I’m was told that it is aftermarket by the previous owner. The cam is marked Integral 110 274x305
  12. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

More photos. Obviously something happened in #1 and #4. That damaged was done some time before and the head was resurfaced.
  13. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

I'll be home this weekend and can take some more photos.
  14. mxp01

1964 series 3 302 automatic

Fonz, I live in Tennessee but working in Sanford FL. I have been watching this thread for sometime and temptation has taken over. I would like to come take a look. I'll send you a PM with my phone number,
  15. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

Engine block stamped with B395017151 September of 67. The matching chassis # is in the registry on this website.
  16. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

Husky, I was told when I purchased the engine that it was rebuilt some 5k miles ago, bored over, had a mild cam, and had some head work. I wanted to give it a good once over and look at everything internally before I just put it in the car and send it. What I discovered in my tear down so...
  17. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

In Florida working so I had to pull up an older picture from my phone and zoom in. Appears to have tubes.
  18. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

Thanks for the input everyone. Another thing I noticed about this head. It is a later head due to it only having one spring on the valves. The valve guides have seals on the tops, and I can’t seem to find these seals in any parts catalog. I don’t recall my 1592 head having these seals.
  19. mxp01

1725 Usable Head?

I’m going thru my recently acquired 1725. I pulled the head last week and two things stood out to me. 1st the head has been resurfaced too about it’s limit. 2nd there are small pin holes around the water jackets. I never noticed these small pin holes the times I pulled the head on my 1600...
  20. mxp01

Oil Leak

I put everything back together in the spring. Some of the things I changed are below AI Timing cover gasket and crank seal AI sump gasket I got another tappet cover that was a little straighter than my previous one. This time though when I reinstalled the the tappet cover I did something...