• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Green67Alpine

Rubber shock cover

Looking for the grommet/ cover for the top of the rear shocks on a series V. I've not seen them at the usual suppliers. Need a pair. Thanks Tom j
  2. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Howdy Folks, I'm having a problem with exhaust fumes coming into the cabin with the hardtop on the car, granted the cars nickname right now is "stinky" (it needs to be fine tuned) but what I'm finding is the soft top cover when tucked in(with hardtop on) will blow up out of it's tucked position...
  3. Green67Alpine

Before a button up clutch question

The center of the pressure plate ( solid triangle) part , is that suppose to be tight and not wiggly ? Mine does wiggle and looks like it does by design, but I was reading a past post that mentioned ( can't find it now) they were getting their's repaired because of that. Of course I'd rather...
  4. Green67Alpine

Yikes, bolt identification please

Series V have engine and transmission out to replace throw out bearing, this bolt escaped my labeling system and I can't seem to figure out where it goes, any help will be much appreciated. Tom j
  5. Green67Alpine

Series V clutch disc

Started as a poor quality throw out bearing and has gotten more involved as I go along, found that the starter was chewing up the ring gear,replaced that then decided to go with a gear reduction starter and while the engine is out why not rebuild the original front suspension working on that...
  6. Green67Alpine

Throw out bearing opinions

Hi Folks, On the way to the recent show in South Carolina the throw out bearing in my Series V gave up and left us limping home, thankfully we were not too far away, the car had not been sitting since it gets driven weekly so I can jump in and go on a trip. Having asked around at the show...
  7. Green67Alpine

Series V hardtop weatherstripping

Hello Folks, Does anyone have some pictures of how the weatherstripping is positioned on the top that they'd like to share? Any and all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom j
  8. Green67Alpine

Weather strip channel

Howdy Folks, I'm redoing my hard top and need some of the channel that holds the weather stripping on, I've not had much luck searching for it, as I'm not really sure what it's called. Any leads or alternative options to fasten the rubber to the metal other than just gluing it on would be...
  9. Green67Alpine

Overdrive concerns

On a recent trip the OD which was working as it should, then as we neared home it started to not engage when turned on rather it would engage well after turned on. It would disengage when turned off as it should and also disengage when taking it out of third or fourth, my problem is engaging...
  10. Green67Alpine

Interior reconstruction

Howdy Folks, Recently purchased a miscellaneous interior trim kit from SS got lots of pieces, l also have a new carpet kit all of which is heading for my Series V conversion (that was an empty shell) along with a soft top etc. My question is where in the world do you start? As in what would...
  11. Green67Alpine

Modified class

At the Invasion is Cayce , SC the modified cars had what I believe is the first time their own class for the judging. With 4 modified Alpines in attendance. Please other participants correct me if I've made a mistake . Tom j
  12. Green67Alpine

Heading to the Invasion

Leaving the Lilburn / St. Mountain area 10 am . 4 car caravan so far. Tom j
  13. Green67Alpine

Lower front valence/apron Series 5

Looking for valance that is in better shape than the one I have. Heading to the invasion in Columbia this weekend . Let's talk if you have a extra. Tom j
  14. Green67Alpine

Bolts for offy intake

Another question , anyone have a list of the bolts used to install and put together the offy intake. Thanks for any help. Tom j
  15. Green67Alpine

Rocker oil baffle

Hi Folks, I see that some setups have baffle/deflectors on the rockers, mine do not, but I can get some easily. Is this part important to the function of the engine? Thanks, Tom j
  16. Green67Alpine

Calendar

Received the 2017 calendar today, Greg you've done a great job, thanks for all your hard work. Tom j
  17. Green67Alpine

Oil pan

Hi Folks, After solving the problem of the bolt (just drilled and tapped it) I started looking at the oil pan it's a rear sump but all around the mounting flange it has evenly spaced reverse dimples ,meaning the flange is not flat on either side of the bolt hole it has bumps that are stock for...
  18. Green67Alpine

The bolt

Hi Folks, Trying to get the engine put back together but I'm running into one thing after another, this time it's the bolt that holds the oil pick up to the journal cap, do I have the wrong pick up? If not where besides the bone yard can one of these be found. Thanks, Tom j
  19. Green67Alpine

Oil pump drive shaft

Howdy Folks, I've got the Melling M-87hv oil pump for my 74 Mutt ll engine we're reassembling but, I have no oil pump drive shaft . What are you guys using? The regular type shaft states not for the HV pump, and the pump drive appears to be hex not square. Right now this is where I'm stuck...
  20. Green67Alpine

United 35 Norcross, Ga

Anybody looking for a great time head here, weekend after Labor Day, in addition to the Atlanta British Car Fayre, a show that has been growing every year(this year aims to be the biggest yet) TEAE will be having their 35 th annual United get together .Get the facts here...