• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Series3Scott

Paul Scofield RIP

Guys - last night Paul Scofield unexpectedly died of heart failure. Paul was an early supporter of the club and a friend of mine. I grieve for his wife Wendy and his kids and grandkids. Paul had been busy working on his Tiger and enjoying his retirement. Please keep the family in your thoughts...
  2. Series3Scott

Series 3 ST for Sale

Here's a link to my Series 3 for sale. Please spread the word to anyone you may feel would be interested. Many of you know this car well and can vouch for it. https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/classic-british-motoring-1963/6288110056.html
  3. Series3Scott

Sunbeams and parts for sale in New Hampshire

Attention New England area Sunbeam owners. I'm selling everything before I move back to Ohio in 5 weeks. Here's a quick list of what's for sale: My 1963 Series 3 ST in Carnival Red. Most of you know of this car. Fully restored in 2003 and Best of Show winner at Invasion III in Dillard, GA...
  4. Series3Scott

Red Series 3 GT at Brit Bits

There's a red Series 3 GT on the lot at Brit Bits in Rye, New Hampshire. Does it belong to anyone on this board?
  5. Series3Scott

Toolkit Tools - tube wrench / spark plug spanner

See thread entitled "Lucas distributor key" for background. Finally we have the tube wrench / spark plug spanner. I have three different sizes! 7 3/4", 7 1/2", and 6 3/8". I have an NOS tommy bar still with the Rootes part number sticker wrapped around it. Its length is the same as the 7...
  6. Series3Scott

Toolkit Tools - King Dick adjustable wrench

Please see "Lucas Distributor Key" thread to get the background. Here we have the ubiquitous 4" King Dick adjustable wrench. These were found in all Alpine toolkits. In the picture you'll see two. Both are identical except for one obvious thing - one points left, the other points right...
  7. Series3Scott

Toolkit Tools - Valve and Spark Plug Gauges

This is second in a series. Please see "Toolkit Tools - Lucas Distributor Key" thread to get the background on what I'm trying to accomplish. Next we have the Valve & Spark Plug Gauge. In the picture you'll see two. Both are stamped "INL .012" and "EXH .014" and both have 3 feeler gauges...
  8. Series3Scott

Toolkit Tools - Lucas Distributor Keys

Lately I've been going through my various tool kits and have noticed some slight variations within some of our toolkit tools. In the interest of sharing and seeing what others might have, I thought I'd start a series on toolkit tools. Yes, I know there's an article on our website written by Ian...
  9. Series3Scott

WTB: Tool kit tools

Looking for two items to complete another toolkit: TW Superslim spanner - 11/16" x 19/32" Screwdriver Send me a PM or email me at schristie at cinci dot rr dot com. Thanks. Scott
  10. Series3Scott

Trouble with Crane XR700 set up

A good friend of mine convinced me over the winter to replace my perfectly fine Pertronix system (which has worked flawlessly for 10 years) with the Crane XR700 system. Problem is I can't get it to work! The module doesn't show power getting to it yet all the hook-ups appear to be correct. The...
  11. Series3Scott

Question on choke cables

Do choke cables go bad? I installed an NOS cable about 14 years ago. It was always a bit stiff but worked adequately. Lately I've been playing around with the various jets in my Weber carb and the choke cable has decided to simply stop working. When I pull on the knob it now barely moves. It's...
  12. Series3Scott

Jaguar Mk I / II owners?

Anyone on this board a current or former owner of a Jaguar Mk I or Mk II saloon? I've always admired them and got bit by the bug again during a recent visit to Brit Bits in Rye, NH. They had 3 on their parking lot, amidst all the MGs and Triumphs. I know they're ghastly expensive to restore and...
  13. Series3Scott

Magnetic oil drain plug?

Has anyone found a MAGNETIC oil drain plug for our cars? Just curious as I'd like to install one both for the sump and the gearbox. If I recall both are 1" plugs with 14tpi?
  14. Series3Scott

Word of caution on door handle bezels

Ordered all new bezels and black escutcheons for window winders and door handles from Rick at SS. As you know these have a tendency to swell over time making it difficult to get off and on. Since I was replacing window lift mechanisms I realized it was time to replace my originals. Make sure you...
  15. Series3Scott

Radiator question - what am I missing?

When it rains it pours I guess - got my brake MC rebuilt and installed. Put in the new clutch MC. Installed new flexible brake hoses. Car is back on the road again but now I'm dealing with a persistent leak at the drain plug of the radiator. The guy that rebuilt my radiator almost 14 years...
  16. Series3Scott

Series I / II hood and trunk for sale

Nice, straight Series I or II hood and trunk for sale in Glen Green. This is an early hood with the prop mount in the middle so you could make it work for a later Series II or Series 3 but you'd have to modify it. The trunk would work for all round cornered cars. $100 each, come and get...
  17. Series3Scott

Brake problems

Hopped into my Series 3 the other day to go for a drive, backed out of the garage, hit the brakes to make my 3 point turn and NO BRAKES. My driveway slopes toward the neighbor's house so luckily I had the presence of mind to remember the emergency brake, otherwise I would have kept on going into...
  18. Series3Scott

Suggested tire sizes for Alpines

Found an interesting tyre / tire company in the UK that has suggestions on tire size and type for our Alpines and Harringtons: http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk
  19. Series3Scott

Looking for owner of Series I B9006780

Didn't see this one on our registry so it could already be in Alpine heaven, but if you're the owner of B9006780 please contact me - I have the original documents that went with your car. It was purchased through the Rootes Overseas Delivery program and picked up in London.
  20. Series3Scott

Looking for owner of Series I B9006780

Didn't see this one on our registry so it could already be in Alpine heaven, but if you're the owner of B9006780 please contact me - I have the original documents that went with your car. It was purchased through the Rootes Overseas Delivery program and picked up in London.