• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. New Microcells in my Series 3

New Microcells in my Series 3

Sweet!
  2. Early Series Tool Roll Prototype

Early Series Tool Roll Prototype

We're having the color of the tie corrected to a natural color but the rest is spot on! Should be taking orders soon.
  3. Get Smart's Original Gadget Alpine

Get Smart's Original Gadget Alpine

Submitted to me by author Nick Whitlow who is currently doing research for a book about the builder of this car, Gene Winfield.
  4. Scott Christie's Series 3 ST

Scott Christie's Series 3 ST

Taken at British Car Show downtown Dayton, May 17, 2008.
  5. Scott Christie's Series 3 ST

Taken at British Car Show, downtown Dayton, Ohio, May 17, 2008.
  6. Factory Fresh Sunbeams

Factory Fresh Sunbeams

In the market for a new Sunbeam? Take your pick from this lovely selection. This photo was sent to me by Todd Ziebel - thanks Todd for sharing this photo!
  7. Alpine # 17 in Australia

Alpine # 17 in Australia

Submitted by owner Gavin Campbell, down under in Australia, this is the 17th Alpine to roll off the production line in 1959. Gavin is fully restoring this Alpine and promises pictures upon completion.
  8. Factory Fresh Sunbeams

Factory Fresh Sunbeams

In the market for a new Sunbeam? Take your pick from this lovely selection. This photo was sent to me by Todd Ziebel - thanks Todd for sharing this photo!
  9. Scott Christie's Series 3 ST

This was the car's debut, at Invasion 3 in Dillard. You guys were kind enough to vote it "Best of Show".
  10. Scott Christie's 1961 Humber Super Snipe

Scott Christie's 1961 Humber Super Snipe

Hey, we needed at least one Humber picture, right?
  11. Series3Scott

Paul Scofield RIP

Guys - last night Paul Scofield unexpectedly died of heart failure. Paul was an early supporter of the club and a friend of mine. I grieve for his wife Wendy and his kids and grandkids. Paul had been busy working on his Tiger and enjoying his retirement. Please keep the family in your thoughts...
  12. Series3Scott

Sunbeams and parts for sale in New Hampshire

Robert Jaarsma to the rescue! I'm able to answer my own question - Robert is 2 hours northwest of me and I've just filled my van with everything I have left and will be delivering to his barn tomorrow morning. He's heading to the TE/AE United and plans on bringing parts for sale. At least I...
  13. Series3Scott

How do you get rid of big items? Like many of us we tend to accumulate parts in order to save them from the scrapyard. However, when you have to move in less than 10 days and you're looking at differentials, trunk and hood panels, windshields, radiators, steering boxes, etc you realize you...
  14. Series3Scott

Series 3 ST for Sale

Here's a link to my Series 3 for sale. Please spread the word to anyone you may feel would be interested. Many of you know this car well and can vouch for it. https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/classic-british-motoring-1963/6288110056.html
  15. Series3Scott

Someone come and clean out New Hampshire! I too have hood and trunk panels, bumpers, Series 3 gearbox, Series I and II windows, generators, radiators, etc. etc.
  16. Series3Scott

Guys, I greatly appreciate all the "likes", and it's with mixed emotions that I sell my cars and parts. I sold my hardtop and some other parts to Steve Silverstein today. It's going to a great home and looks fantastic on his blue Series V. I know he'll enjoy and take care of it. (he's also...
  17. Series3Scott

Hardtop sold I have edited my original post, removing the late series hardtop which has now been sold.
  18. Series3Scott

That is a VERY kind thing to say John and I greatly appreciate it. I'm not leaving the hobby entirely and I assure you, if the right Series IIIA Rapier Coupe came along I'd be right back into the Sunbeam world.
  19. Series3Scott

Attention New England area Sunbeam owners. I'm selling everything before I move back to Ohio in 5 weeks. Here's a quick list of what's for sale: My 1963 Series 3 ST in Carnival Red. Most of you know of this car. Fully restored in 2003 and Best of Show winner at Invasion III in Dillard, GA...
  20. Series3Scott

Overdrive Warning Light

Nope, never have.