• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. tigretr

Difference between an Alpine and a Tiger in the Engine Compartment

So I have been thinking about engines lately......... as to which may be the next generation implant into my car. My turbo motor is awesome, and I just put a slightly larger turbo on it to unchoke it... which I believe unleashed a new animal (needs a lot of tuning). That being said, that motor...
  2. tigretr

How much do you drive?

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my motor after 4000 miles of very hard driving (my right foot has 2 speeds, on and off). What started as a progressively worse rear main seal leak (I have a rope seal in my 1725), devolved into a lower end blueprinting and cam bearing rebuild among...
  3. tigretr

Rockers with larger valves, seat and door chrome, hinges...

I am trying to make room in the my garage and would love to find a home for some parts I no longer need. Please let me know if you are interested. I don't want money, just that you pay for shipping. Valvetrain parts: Alpine rockers (complete set) Fererra double valve springs (good to 8000...
  4. tigretr

Quarter Mile in an Alpine

Well, I have now officially checked off my bucket list going down the 1320' (1/4 mile) in my Alpine. Wow was that fun. In fact there was enough room for improvement that I think I will do it again. I put down 15.448@ 87.67mph. Besides my slow reaction time of .652 seconds, if I could launch...
  5. tigretr

7.5" Limited Slip (posi) rear end for sale

Welp, I went for it and finally bought myself a Currie 9" to replace my 7.5" rear end. As a result I am selling my old rear end to help offset the staggering price of the new one. What you get: Bolt in 7.5" posi rear end with 3.45:1 gears 4x4.25 bolt pattern on the axles Only about 2000...
  6. tigretr

Tigretr project on kickstarter

Hi guys, Some of you may know me as the owner of a fuel injected, turbo Sunbeam Alpine with the license plate that says TIGR ETR. Well, I have a product on kickstarter.com (crowd funding website) that I am trying to spread the word about. It is a super compact, minimalist, wallet called...
  7. tigretr

Updated my website

Hi guys / gals, Well, it had been over 2 years since I last updated my website and people were starting to ask me "what is new on the car". I didn't think very much until I started actually doing the update. Turns out quite a bit has changed. If you are interested take a look at it. Every new...
  8. tigretr

Series V Alpine motor parts and more for sale

I have a number of parts I would like to find a home for. The price I have listed on my webpage is firm and does not include shipping which you are on the hook for. Click on the link below or paste it into your browser to see a detailed description and pictures of each part...
  9. tigretr

Spring Rate for SV Alpine Front Suspension

Does anyone know what the spring rate is on SV front suspension? I am thinking about going to coil overs in all four corners and am looking for a starting point. I found the answer for the rears in a recently posted thread about link type suspension (also in my near future). Any help on the...
  10. tigretr

Big day at the dyno

Well, today was the day I have been working towards for many years with this motor. It all finally came together and I went to the dyno this morning to have 034 Motorsports tune my ECU and give me the numbers. Before they even started they gave me the disclaimer that their dyno is notorious...
  11. tigretr

Valve Locks

Has anyone ever used radius groove valve locks on a square groove valve? Mechanically it should work since the groove is only a locator and should have no impact on the function of the lock. Even if the groove does prevent slipping, the forces should be negligible. But I am looking to put...
  12. tigretr

Video camera on a car

Hi guys, I want to purchase a video camera that I can among other things, put on my roll bar and get good video and sound of me going around the race track. I am very curious if any of you have any experience with this as far as the type of recording media goes. I am wondering if moving parts...
  13. tigretr

Alpine rocker ratio concensus

I am looking for a consensus on what a SV Alpines rocker ratio is. I measured my total lift at the valve and then measured the base circle and cam diameter at lobe peak. Doing the math I am getting some very interesting numbers. Math: cam dia. at lobe peak-cam base circle dia. = lift at the...
  14. tigretr

Oil Temperature

Just thought I would pick your minds and opinions as to what a good oil temperature is to run in an engine. With my new motor, I installed an oil temp gauge which reads the temperature post oil cooler and just before it goes into the motor. I haven't done any really hard driving, but did do...
  15. tigretr

Shortening lifters

I am about to have my cam and lifters re-worked at Delta Cams and I remember reading about someone shortening their lifters (1725 engine) to reduce their inertia as they slide up and down. I was wondering how much people have taken off the lifters and if someone has weighed them before and...